Phila Time Line (Con't)

AndreiZ

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
As you remember, I've posted my iverview experience two months ago, the interview was in Phila.

For those, who are following Phila timeline, I just rec'd my oath notice that will be on Oct 29. I'll let you know how everything goes then.

Submitted N-400 - Oct 23, 02
Fingerprinted - Jan 21, 03
Interview - August 23, 03
Oath scheduled - Oct 29, 03

VSC, local office - Phila.

Andrei

AndreiZ

Andreiz

Can you please post How many days before you received the Interview letter. good luck for your Oath.

thanks in advance.

Manoj Varma

Rahul and Phillydude - I am watching you! Just joking but I am very interested in your posts as I am a few months behind you. My husband has just begun the naturalization process in the Philly district and will eventually begin in K3 - we are both from Canada. We mailed the N-400 through our lawyer on Oct 15. The check was cashed on Oct 22. No official notice has yet to arrive. I am anxious to be able to see our case online with BCIS (perhaps I am over anxious but we have already waited 2 years to get to this stage) The number written on the check is ESC followed by 7 numbers for a total of 10 digits. I know the online screen is looking for 13 digits. Do you recall how the number on the check matched to the case number in your situation?
Thanks for the posts you have already submitted. It certainly helps me in providing a guideline for how long things should take.

Your 13 digits are
ESC*00 + 7 digits.....
Let me know if it works... The number printed on my chq that was cashed is my App Receipt number!!

It will take you about 3-4 wks to get a receipt.. Then you should have an FP notice in 2 months.. Then cross your fingers and wait for interview!

PD: Check my mail to you

jancdn,
From what I have noticed you should get an appointment for FP during last week of Nov or 1st week of Dec.

Good luck to all of us..:D

Rahul and Phillydude - I was so excited to get your reply! It feels like I am finally "in the system". Unfortunately, the ESC*00 before my number didn't work as yet...guess I'll have to wait (sigh) I should be used of it but each little step feels like a giant leap - good luck to both of you as well.

Rahul,

Thanks for the info on figuring out your App receipt #. I havent received the official receipt yet (my file was received Oct 2), but I can view my case info online using your ESC*00 convention and the ESC # printed on my cashed check.

The web site states it takes 30-60 days to process the case, which is probably a typo Im guessing.

Saves me a bit of stress as I am moving in a month, and would have been troublesome to report change of address without a receipt #.

People,

As PD says, it will take abt 2-3 weeks atleast after your chq is cashed for online status.

30-60 days is a total farse... How we wish it were true though!

mgh2001, dont forget to File AR-11 with BCIS for address change.

jancdn, appreciate your enthusiasm, but be patient unlike me, the process can take a YEAR!!! Check back in 2 wks, ur status will be online..

Good luck to all new applications.. To the new citizens of the new world order.....

Hi All,

Completed my oath on Oct 29, 03 in Phila. 66 people were naturalized that day, the whole event took about 1.5 hrs. My wife and 2 month old son came with me too.

In all, it took me 1 year and 8 days from the time I applied (Oct 22, 03) to the time I became a US citizen.

Good luck to all,

Andrei

Do you give u a certificiate at the end of the ceremony? And the oath... Is there an 'under god' in the phrase?

Do you know of anyone else in the Phila area , that applied around the same time as you... that got their Citizenship by now? Just want more timelines, thats it. So far we have had just 1 from Phila!!

Rahul - this info is 3rd hand but...(at least it is info) My manicurist is a lovely lady from Vietnam. We were speaking last month and she told me she was scheduled for her oath ceremony. Her initial filing was sometime in Oct of 2002 and oath in October 2003. She was describing how nervous she was for the interview because of her poor English language skills - it is quite difficult communicating with her in English. Her timetable appears to be about the same as Andreiz. Sorry for the lack of detail.

By the way, I still can't see my case status. Your suggestion to be patient was well received...but...instead of waiting the 2 weeks as you recommend...I now only check twice per day LOL

jancdn,

thanks for the info. I check my status like 6-7 times a day!!! Maybe the computer will get fed up and cause an exception and someone will look at my case and make it go quick!!! :rolleyes: