Pharmacy internship

shasri79

Hi all,
Even after the FPGEE exam,I am struggling to get an internship in any pharmacy.I even have a green card status recently. I would appreciate, if anyone gives tips about the internship. I live in NJ which is saturated with pharmacists. Kindly give me some suggestions about the internship.

Thank you in advance

None of the people I know (who had green cards) had any problems getting an internship position. A couple of people who are on a dependent visa had problems finding an position but they moved to different states just to find a position. If you are not able to find a job in NJ you might think about moving to another state if that is an option. There are several pharmacies who need pharmacists desparately and they will hire you as an intern hoping that you would stay with them after you become a pharmacist.

hi

hi,
i am new to this forum,this is my first posting.i cleared my fpgee,tse and toefl,i am expecting my fpgee certificate shortly.i am trying to find an intern position in the north,south but i am not getting any responses.so can some one please help me how to apporach the right person,where can i find the vacancies,any h1b sponsor who process my h1.thanks in advance.
regards,
maya

maya2005 said:
hi,
i am new to this forum,this is my first posting.i cleared my fpgee,tse and toefl,i am expecting my fpgee certificate shortly.i am trying to find an intern position in the north,south but i am not getting any responses.so can some one please help me how to apporach the right person,where can i find the vacancies,any h1b sponsor who process my h1.thanks in advance.
regards,
maya
Did u try w/ Riteaid or Walgreens? Best way to start is call your local pharmacy, and ask for who is the Pharmacy District Manager (PDM). And then start the conversation with him/her explaining your position.

hi

hi,
thanks for ur message.i did tried for riteaid,the recruiter told she will let me know only in january abt my internship offer,mean time now all of a sudden she quit her job.i am trying for walgreen and cvs,nothing is working out.i am waiting for their reply.

Hi guys,

I am also trying for internship and i need H1B shponsership too.
I am trying to contact CVS , but I am getting this response

Automatic generated delivery status notification
Delivery to the following receipents failed :

Internationarxjobs@cvs.com

Does anybody get this massage?
I don't know how to contact CVS now
Please let me know if anybody is in this situation.

Saggi

Hi,

The best way, that I have found is to go to any pharmacy, talk to either the pharmacist or the pharmacy manager, explain your situation and they will probably tell you where to send out your resume.

Its the best way to make contacts initially. Thats what I have done and made contacts with Eckerd and Walgreens.

Try out all the pharmacies in your locality and hopefully someone will sponsor you for an H1B visa. Try out even the local pharmacies, which have no branches elsewhere. They may even sponsor you, but you may have to foot the bill for the lawyers.

All the best.

Diya

hi dear dya
i dont know any thing about all this stuff ( H1B visa sponser) can u give me a brief about that? im a pharmacst in iran and im planning to sit in the test next year
thanx in advance