• what do you think?

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • useful?

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

sivan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My lawyer filed PERM application online a couple of days ago to Chicago center. However, my employer hasn't received any sponsor verification email or telephone yet. Is this normal or is there any thing wrong in filing? My employer told me that s/he can see the aplication on DOL website and the status in 'In Process'.

Can any of you tell me that why no verification email yet? do we need to worry about it or it is normal?
any feed back will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
THat is correct. But you also need to make sure that the correct email has been entered in the site for your HR contact. Also, if another case was filed for you, before this case was filed, sometimes, the system does not send the sponsorship email again.
unitednations is right, Chicago will probably deny it in 2-3 weeks

Thanks for the explanation. If it didn't pass DOL matrix, how they provide case number starting with 'C' and Status in IP I am confused.
Thanks
sivan

Sivan did you figure out the issue??

Sivan did you refile or figure out what the problem was with the previous filing. I am in a similar boat. Your suggestions will help.

Thanks

sivan said:
Thank you much united for prompt response

we got denial letter in the first one because the privilege wage determination was for less than 90 days the my lawyer filed second one correcting that and atleast got verification and confirmation email. Hope it helps.

Unitednations, i disagree

MY case was filed in Atlanta on October 7, 2005. EB3, Statistcal MArketing Analyst. No sponsorship or email to this date- still shows In Process. Of course, they may deny it, but it has been more than 3 months and nothing yet.....

you can ask your employer to send email to DOL regarding the status of PERM application.

Attorneys say on email

We have spoken with many attorneys...according to them DOL is still fixing software....so what is true in the past cannot be true now...if your application is invalid it should be denied within 60 days hopefully. Sometimes this email thing is not sending the sponsorship questions to everybody....as per attorneys...not just one...we spoke to a couple of them from different states. Many of their apps are still sitting out there and there was no email. One case has also been approved recently as per my attorney for which there was no sponsorship email. One attorney was able to open a motion to get his application cleared because it was wrongly denied by the software. In this case it was not because of sponsorship email but he said it was something else. Anyway bottom line if for some reason it is denied we can atleast do this motion to reconsider....maybe it will be cleared on paper based application.

Having said that in my case...I filed initially and the job location = client location...the app was sent to Atlanta because case number started with A-*. We pulled it out later and refiled with job location = HQ of company. This time the app went to Chicago because the case number started with C-*. We did not receive any email for this application. Maybe because what "Creative10" mentioned in this thread, one email per alien per company.

Hope this helps.

sivan said:
you can ask your employer to send email to DOL regarding the status of PERM application.

PERM with EB2

hi All,

I worked with a CompanyA for THREE years and left them for CompanyB 2 YEARS AGO, i am still working with CompanB,

Now CompanyA wants to file a PERM for me.

My question is Can i use THREE years experience gained from CompanyA toward my labor certification through CompanyA, NOTE I am not employed with CompanyA right now.

Thanks

Oh it means private message

If you see on your top right hand corner...there should be a link to Private Messages. Once you click that it will take you to your mailbox...hope you can find it.

sivan said:
I am sorry, what do you mean by "you've sent me a PM". Please explain.

can you send me a pm?

we will see if that works....I got some qs to ask you. Still in process no email or anything.

sivan said:
I haven't seen any PM. Anyway, How is ur PERM case going on?

sivan or creative10 please reply

Sivan or Creative10,

Thanks for the earlier feedback...I did not get a sponsor email. The only thing I can think of are the following...I have attempted to send PM to both of you...let me ask you once again here. Pls reply.

1. PWD expired on 12/31/05, we applied on 01/10/06 although we extended the duration we still put 12/31/05 on the perm app. That should still be ok since we did all the Hiring stuff before PWD expired.

2. I-94 number had a typo...I think it missed a digit...lawyer says that is ok.

3. In previous employment leaving comp A and starting of comp B dates are same...there should have been one day difference...but technically it is still possible.

When we put job loc = client loc..it went to Atlanta and 1,2,3 were good(meaning no expiration, no typos). It was filed before the PWD expired. Email was quick.

This time when we changed job loc = HQ of comp and was filed it went to Chicago....there has been no email.

Comp has two other cases pending since Dec 2, even for those there were no emails.

In your case how soon did your app fail? Did you get a letter saying something was wrong?

sivan said:
I haven't seen any PM. Anyway, How is ur PERM case going on?

Scatcat,

My company received rejection letter after 1 week of filing perm application. As I was told by lawyer, if pWD valid atleast for 90 days( need to be reflected on the application) and the recruitment process started after you got PWD, you should be fine. Hope this helps little. I don't know more than that.

Thanks buddy

Thanks a ton.

sivan said:
Scatcat,

My company received rejection letter after 1 week of filing perm application. As I was told by lawyer, if pWD valid atleast for 90 days( need to be reflected on the application) and the recruitment process started after you got PWD, you should be fine. Hope this helps little. I don't know more than that.

my case approved on 01/13/2006 from chicago DOL.

filed on 10/12/2005
denied on 12/10/2006.

Refiled on 01/13/2006
approved on 01/13/2006. (same day as the refile date)

My boss talked to the certify officer who denied my case. my case denied by a harmless reason. (the HR entered the wrong prevailing wage date). The DOL does not like US to appeal, He promised to appvoved my case right the way. My boss called him after refiled and he approved it in 2 hours.

From what he told my boss. the confirmation email is not very important, there have a lot of cases got approved without it.

I hope this really helps and hope everybody got their perm approved very soon.