Perm - Employer Registration - No Response

PermGC5

Registered Users (C)
Any suggestions on this?

My employer registered on PERM website and it is been 15 days and he hasn't got any email/password from perm website. he tried to email to antlanta service center but no reply. all the recruitment has been completed and ready to file the application. Is it better to file by mail? Or Is better to wait for username/password? Howlong? or How to contact DOL for password to file electonically? Company is in Ohio.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you should worry. I recently (last month) went through the same issues as you are. the Atlanta center took 7 weeks to send me the password and the pin number!!!!!!!! I called, emailed... I did get to talk to a live person a few times and they always said that there were experiencing delays and that it could take up to 5 weeks.

Good luck!

Its been 6 weeks and we haven't got PIN number and password yet. My employer has been contacting them by email daily but no response and called the center and it is going to voice mail. Any suggestions on how to get this fast? please help...

YOur next option is to have this escalated through the AILA liaison committee, if your attorney is a member. Alternately you can go ahead and file your application manually (through snail mail) if you are running into the filing deadline.

ThanQ United Nations and Creative10. I am thinking of waiting for one more week and then file the application by mail. It is so disappointing that DOL is not even responding to phone/email.

Can I suggest something?

I tried to call several times and I used to always get the answering machine... finally one day I decided to wait and let the messages run 3 or 4 times, and suddenly someone picked up. I called them twice.... both times the lady told me there were experiencing delays and it was taking 5 weeks to get the pwd in average.

Maybe you can try calling back and letting the messages run several times...

Hope you ge your pin number and password soon.

Any new how long it takes now?

My employer submitted registration request 2 weeks ago and still nothing... I am on my last year of H1b so cannot wait... Any advise guys?
Thanks
K.

My personal experience is 24 hours. My employer registered in the evening, and next morning, we had the two emails with pins and passwords. So my line of thought here is that there must be some technical reasons for your delays. It could be like others mentioned, that they need to verify the employer. However, it could be simple things like the registration was not completed well, although employer thought he submitted it, he might have not submitted it. Does the employer have a print out of the confirmation page from the registration? That is proof it was really sent. The second line of thought is, that employer's email has filters and the emails from PERM get deleted. Otherwise, I cannot understand how you cannot get anything.

My experience - two weeks still waiting!!!

We registered two weeks ago, but no response. We emailed the PLC HELP - ETA email box, and got reply in a second that they forwarded our inquiry to the Atlanta PERM processing center. We then emailed the plc.atlanta@dol.gov but no response so far.

I suspect we didn't provide the right EIN number. It's called Employer Identification number in the registration form, but my employer is not sure what that number is. So we just provided our Business ID. I did some research, and on DOL's website, they mentioned a FEIN number - federal employer identification number provided by IRS. It is a means by which the Department of Labor (DOL) verifies the bona fides of the employer and ensures that only legitimate employers are able to avail themselves of the labor certification process. In order to satisfy the definition of employer for purposes of labor certification, all employers, including employers of household domestic workers, must possess a valid FEIN.

Still waiting desperately

registration

braniand said:
My personal experience is 24 hours. My employer registered in the evening, and next morning, we had the two emails with pins and passwords. So my line of thought here is that there must be some technical reasons for your delays. It could be like others mentioned, that they need to verify the employer. However, it could be simple things like the registration was not completed well, although employer thought he submitted it, he might have not submitted it. Does the employer have a print out of the confirmation page from the registration? That is proof it was really sent. The second line of thought is, that employer's email has filters and the emails from PERM get deleted. Otherwise, I cannot understand how you cannot get anything.

Thanks for sharing it. When did your employer register that fast?
K.

Just got pin!

We just got pin and password, after almost three weeks!!!
Even though I couldn't suggest on how to speed up the process, I do recommend you email to plc.help@dol.gov to confirm that your registration went through. They are fast to respond. It's the national PERM processing center who handles verification, which would take some time!

Good luck to those still waiting!

Finally got IT

Finally, after 2 months of waiting we got username/password/pin and applied online PERM labor.

My employer registerd two months back. Last week, my employer heard back from dol that he needs to register. He re-registered and and got credentials in 2 days..Finally.

Now..... How long Chicago center is taking for PERM?