PERM EB2 Gurus!! please help

TimeSaver

Registered Users (C)
I started working for this company in May 2002 and before that I had masters in computer science from a US univ and about 1.5 years of experience. My title is Programmer (everybody in my company is programmer)

Filed for RIR/EB2 labor in Dec 2004 and it has gone to the dark alleys of BRC Dallas.

I have been waiting for sometime and now thought of going though the PERM instead. My lawyer says EB2 wont be possible. I want to go for EB2 only and want to keep my current PD of dec 2004.

I want to tell him there are smarter people who have and been getting this done. Could some one tell me what process to take, what should be the answeres to the questionaire in the PERM form, which job zone, and what should be my minimum salary that I can get this labor certification.

Thanks in advance.

(before you even think, I know I am under employed :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
You could qualify for EB-2 with either MS+0 or MS+1. MS+0 would be safer from SVP point of view as your title is a programmer - but some employers wouldn't use this for whatever reason(I used to work for a company that wouldn't use this) - so it is upto your employer.
MS+1 would need you to show "business necessity" - some (not so competent) lawyers aren't comfortable with this.

It is upto your lawyers and employer.

TimeSaver said:
I started working for this company in May 2002 and before that I had masters in computer science from a US univ and about 1.5 years of experience. My title is Programmer (everybody in my company is programmer)

Filed for RIR/EB2 labor in Dec 2004 and it has gone to the dark alleys of BRC Dallas.

I have been waiting for sometime and now thought of going though the PERM instead. My lawyer says EB2 wont be possible. I want to go for EB2 only and want to keep my current PD of dec 2004.

I want to tell him there are smarter people who have and been getting this done. Could some one tell me what process to take, what should be the answeres to the questionaire in the PERM form, which job zone, and what should be my minimum salary that I can get this labor certification.

Thanks in advance.

(before you even think, I know I am under employed :D )

Thanks for the help PV.

Lets say we go with MS+0, what could be the minimum salary that I can get away with and what should be the answeres to the related questions in the form?
Thanks again.

MS+0 would be Level II and MS+1 is likely to be Level III for programmer title.
The exact salary corresponding to these would depend on the state and the county of employment - http://www.flcdatacenter.com/ should have those answers.

MS+0 - H.12 - Yes
MS+1 - H.12 - No

Alternative requirements could be declared as BS+5. Shouldn't be tough if your employer isn't fussy about MS+0.

TimeSaver said:
Thanks for the help PV.

Lets say we go with MS+0, what could be the minimum salary that I can get away with and what should be the answeres to the related questions in the form?
Thanks again.

I did MS+2 and said H.12 YES and Got Certified within a Day. So It seems H12 really doesnt matter.

PV4466 said:
MS+0 would be Level II and MS+1 is likely to be Level III for programmer title.
The exact salary corresponding to these would depend on the state and the county of employment - http://www.flcdatacenter.com/ should have those answers.

MS+0 - H.12 - Yes
MS+1 - H.12 - No

Alternative requirements could be declared as BS+5. Shouldn't be tough if your employer isn't fussy about MS+0.

It should be fine. Though the level(and wages) should be determined by SWA after you submit PWD with Job title, education and experience requirements along with job duties.