PERM and 6th Year (Pleaes help!!)

akrkap

Registered Users (C)
Please Help! (6th Year Start and PERM)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Members,

I want to know when my a) 6 th year actually expires and b) based on my scenario, is PERM the only option to apply. I am very confused. Here is what I have:

First H1B

My First H1B was requested by my company (ON LC CERTIFICATE) from
July 2001 - July 2004

When I H1B approval notice came it, it said approved from
Sep 2001 - July 2004 (2 months less than 3 years and than requsted)

Second H1B

For the next 3 year extension, my company requested (ON LC CERTIFICATE) from H1B extension from July 2004 - July 2007

When I H1B approval notice came it (with 1-94 attached), it said approved from July 2004- July 2007 (This time 3 years as requsted).

My questions are:

1) When does my 6th year term actually expire? It is July 2007? or it will be Sep 2007?

If Sep 2007, then do I have to again apply for a 2 month extension after the 6th year?

2) I am planning to apply with PERM through another company and transfer my H1B (as my originall LC which was pending from 2002 from originall company got messed up ). I was told that, in order to have 7th year extension, I need to apply for PERM with the new company before my 6th year starts. (which I am not sure will be July or Sep of this year)

I am confused now, as to when my actual 6th year with start?

3) Also, somone told me that I cound also take into considertaion the # of days I was out of the country during H1b. In my case, I was out for about 3 months so far on H1B

4) What is the criteria of extending to 7th Year. Currently, my LC with my current company is messed up. I am into ending my 5th year and will be about to start 6th year (Which, I need clarification, if it will be July or Sep). The only option I was told was to apply for PERM before the 6th year starts to be able to get a 7th year extension.

I will highly appreciate it, if somone could please provide some inputs. I really need some advise and guidance on this.

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Raj