Pending since March 25, 2002

Harahara

Registered Users (C)
My (and my wife's) I-485 is pending since March 25, 2002. Have done FP three times, received email from FBI that name check has been completed.....Have contacted congressman and senator..Looks like everything is there to process my application. Have done case status inquiry twice but the letter just said "case is pending"...It's very stressful...

I can completely understand your situation. I am also in the same boat.
Unfortunately nothing can be done about it.. We just have to use this forum
to vent our frustration and keep praying to God that we get it approved soon.
Hope we get it all approved soon!!!

I undersand you guys. I am in the same boat. Tried everything. They did not even bother to respond to my inquire in 30 days limit. We made another one couple of days ago.
kepp in tuch, we are really close!

Try Infopass

Have you tried to get an Infopas so you can actually talk to an USCIS officer?

That may be the step to follow.

God may bless you!

I have tried going to the local office after getting infopass appt. They were not helpful and just advised me to wait. They could not give any other specifics. I did call the NCSC yesterday and put in another case status inquiry...

understand your frsutration. suggest also send a expedite fax with all details like"

Notice date :xxxxx

official processing data :xxxxx

Copy of email from FBI that name check is complete.

General converns and hardships faced.

I guess this will get some attention.

Cheers

Tanjar

guys as Fuhis suggested contact you local senator. If u are in the state of texas u can contact John Cornyn. His office follows up and promptly respond as well. Also suggest all u guys send in expedite request by fax.

Cheers

Tanjar

Contact Senator John Cornyn ...

Actually I'm not in his local district, I contacted a lot of my local district Senators/Congresswoman/Congresswoman, including Tom Delay, Sheola Jackson Lee, but only he replyed (several times) and helped.

I totaly understand your frustrations, I waited much longer for the approval, It will comes eventually. Just make sure your Name Check is back to CIS. Senator's reply told me that my "Background check is not completed". So I called/emailed FBI, which triggered it to be done, or maybe triggered by his inquiry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you please tell me what FOIA is and where can I find more information on this.

I have also faxed TSC yesterday to expedite. I will do that now on a daily basis until I hear back..Is there any other way to contact TSC or write to the I 485 supervisor or head..

Thanks for all your help.

a guy who is desperate waiting too

My I-485 has been submitted since Dec.,2001 and still pending. So I am
even more desperate waiting here. It's said that my petition is stuck in
the name check process. How long does a name check take?

Name Check and FOIPA results

I got the email and letter from FBI for both name check result and POIPA request. Name check reply took 3 months, and POIPA request reply took 10 days. FBI told me my son, according to their record, is under 14 and does not need to do name check. The POIPA reply letter said no record about my son has been found in their database. The letter told me I can file an administrative information appeal within 60 days.

My son filed I-485 in July, 2001. At that time he was 13. Now he is 17. TSC director called my lawyer two weeks ago. He said my son needs to do security background check since he is above 14 now. He said he is ready to approve my son's case but has to wait for the name check result. TSC has no control on name check so that we have to wait. According to FBI replies, it seems to me FBI has not received the TSC name check request. Is my understanding correct? I wrote to two senators and our district congressman one week ago. Until today, no one replied or contacted me. My son is applying for college admission and scholarship now. He has already been denied of admission and scholarship because of his pending case. What can I do now? Please advise!

Thank you all.

Don

so, how does FOIA actually help you?, and if I were you I would in the congressman office in person, I wrote to my congressman , no answer, then went in person to the office and at the next day I have a response from TSC "FP expired and name check pending", at least try to go to your congressman office.

From the POIPA reply, at least I am sure USCIS has not sent my son's name ckeck request to FBI. Today, I write to the TSC officer who is in charge of our case to ask him for help. I believe he will take some action.

Strange enough the congressman of our district does not have a local office in my city. I will try to find time to drive to his nearest office some day. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Don

fcapristan said:
so, how does FOIA actually help you?, and if I were you I would in the congressman office in person, I wrote to my congressman , no answer, then went in person to the office and at the next day I have a response from TSC "FP expired and name check pending", at least try to go to your congressman office.

The theory is that FOIA may help, because in order to complete a FOIA they are forced to pull your case out of storage, at which point they may realize that its really old, and decide to send it for adjudication instead of just putting it back into storage. This worked for some other members on this forum, but it should only be used if all other methods have been exhausted, and only if your case is really old. If your case is not realy old, then they will just put it back on the shelf, and you will have ruined your chance that the FOIA will help.

Its not the result of the FOIA that you should be concerned with, but rather the method used to complete a FOIA that gets your case into the hands of the people that will adjudicate it.

I m in the same boat :)

RD: 03/21/02
FP1: 04/01/03
RF1: ack by TSC on 08/11/04
RF2: ack by TSC on 12/15/04
Both RFE regarding SR issued for both AP and I-485 from same Officer#374 which I never need since I entered USA on AP
FP2: 12/03/04
AP approved on 12/30/04 after 1 year and 27 days
I-485 Transferred to Atlanta ofiice: 01/04/05
I made Inof pass appointment for 01/28/04
Wrote Letter to USCIS District Director, Senetor, and congressman