Pending N-400. Is it safe to change address?

im50

Registered Users (C)
My N-400 application is still pending. I am about to move to different apt within the same city. Can I do change of address without risking loosing my mail from USCIS? If I update address using AR-11 online will they update address with pending application too?

As I remember many members on board were against moving while application is still pending – as USCIS doesn’t update address on time/at all.

My N-400 application is still pending. I am about to move to different apt within the same city. Can I do change of address without risking loosing my mail from USCIS? If I update address using AR-11 online will they update address with pending application too?

As I remember many members on board were against moving while application is still pending – as USCIS doesn’t update address on time/at all.

Within the same city, I see no problem. You file the AR-11 online. https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coae.

why don't you rent a mailbox and have the post office foward all mails from your old place. This will be sure you get all your mails even if USCIS didn't update your address.

If you update your address, I suggest doing several things:
1. Filing the AR-11
2. Sending a certified letter to the DO where your application is pending.
3. Calling the (800) number and doing an address change as well.

Don't hold your life up, if you need to move...go ahead and move.
After you fill out online AR11, you can update any pending cases, with the new address.
After that call the 800 number, update your address with their first level support. Then call again the next day, insist they transfer you to an IO and make sure the system that IOs use has your updated address.
Write a letter to where you application is pending, informing them of your new address.