Pending I-485 and I-94 question

Sharabi

Banned
Folks,

You know there was a memo sometime back in which there was confusion as to what do if your I-94 is expired while your Adjustment of status is pending.

Today I called Immigration information centre and spoke to immigration officer.....I told him that about a year ago I entered united status using advanced parole and I have been contuning to work on EAD but my I-94 has an expiration date which a month from now....i asked him if my AOS is pending and it is very much likely that by then my case will not be approved.....so i asked him whether i will be in status or not or whether or not i needed to go to some place like local INS officer to renew /extend I-94. She told me that she didn't understand why I was given I-94 at the port of the entry....in this case they should have given one copy of Advaced parole and stamped on it.

Can anyone in similar situation tell me whether they were given I-94 (white, arrival/departure form) at the time of entry into united states and also what are u guys while I-485 pending and staying past the I-94 expiration date ?

Since u already used AP & EAD, I-94 is useless. The receipt of I 485 is something like I-94(when u was on H-1b).

yager

I got the I-94 too when I used the AP in Dec 2002. They stamped on Advance parole saying "parolee till Dec 2003". The same stamp was on I-94.

They say that you will get and I-94 in all the cases.

I recently(April,03) used my AP while entering usa.They gave a copy of AP and aswell as I-94.

My Case got approved in May,03.