Pending Asylum Expedition for Interview

Abhatti

I along with my lawyer filed for expedition of Interview here at Arlington last week.

Our case is now pending for 2 years now which I understand isn't much compare to other applicants waiting for a lot more years now.

Based on my case history and some unfortunate happenings in our life (after applying or asylum), my lawyer felt that I may qualify to get an an expedition. But Of course it solely depends on Asylum Office and on how they feel about my request.

In case of rejection of expedition request, my lawyer has plan to route through congressman.

Anyone here is welcome to share any knowledge / experience about this. Anything would help

Thanks

I along with my lawyer filed for expedition of Interview here at Arlington last week.

Our case is now pending for 2 years now which I understand isn't much compare to other applicants waiting for a lot more years now.

Based on my case history and some unfortunate happenings in our life (after applying or asylum), my lawyer felt that I may qualify to get an an expedition. But Of course it solely depends on Asylum Office and on how they feel about my request.

In case of rejection of expedition request, my lawyer has plan to route through congressman.

Anyone here is welcome to share any knowledge / experience about this. Anything would help

Thanks
Arlington is super busy office, I waited 6 years for interview. Applied for EI couple times, they replied that there’s no spot available. Congressman won’t help. Just wait. They actually very nice and chill there.

My lawyer got a response today from USCIS. They responded nicely excusing that their resources aren't allowing them to conduct an interview .... However they have taken a note of my concern and will schedule an interview as soon as the resources permit them to do so

My lawyer got a response today from USCIS. They responded nicely excusing that their resources aren't allowing them to conduct an interview .... However they have taken a note of my concern and will schedule an interview as soon as the resources permit them to do so
Yeah, yeah standard letter they send to everyone got same one. Trust me it’s a lot of people who trying to do exactly same thing. Be ready to wait 5+ years! Like I said took 6 years for them to schedule my interview.

Hi all,
It’s been a year I’m waiting for my asylum interview in Florida, I asked congresswoman to follow up on my case but still no updates from them, although I got another SSN mailed for me last month, Is it a good sign? am I going to hear from them any time soon?msg me if you have the same experience!tnx

Hi all,
It’s been a year I’m waiting for my asylum interview in Florida, I asked congresswoman to follow up on my case but still no updates from them, although I got another SSN mailed for me last month, Is it a good sign? am I going to hear from them any time soon?msg me if you have the same experience!tnx
Getting a SSN isn't encouraging if you expect an interview was expedited.

From what i am hearing, priority these days is for Afghan refugees

Getting a SSN isn't encouraging if you expect an interview was expedited.

From what i am hearing, priority these days is for Afghan refugees
But why I did receive an SSN after i got my EAD? So that just made me curious that they might checking my file or something