PD for the child (under 21) of a USC ??

An unmarried child under 21 falls in the Immediate Relative category for GC. Since there is no quota for that category, the priority date becomes current as soon as the I-130 is approved.

boatbod said:
An unmarried child under 21 falls in the Immediate Relative category for GC. Since there is no quota for that category, the priority date becomes current as soon as the I-130 is approved.

thanks for your reply. did you mean "Immediate Relative category for USC". you said GC .. ?

A child (under 18) of a USC who has permanent resident status in the US, is in the custody of the USC, and is under 18 is actually a US Citizen (or becomes one when the parent becomes naturalized). Look up section 320 of the immigration act (as amended in the late 90's or early 2000's) and download form N-600 (and read the instructions). It's the automagic pseudo-naturalization process for children.

For example, my wife naturalized last June (six months before me - long story). My daughter had a GC, was living with us and was 17 years old. She became a USC as my wife finished her oath. She had a US Passport 2 weeks later (before my wife (she was traveling very soon afterwards)).

Last edited by a moderator:
blkhawk, could you please clarify a little bit your situation? It is not clear to me what is what you're asking. What do you mean PD for the child? Do you mean he is already a permanent resident, and you're asking for PD for naturalization, or what is exactly your situation. My 2 cents. On a quick interpretation of your question it seems that boatbod gave you the right answer, this is that the child is applying for a green card.

My 2 cents.

blkhawk said:
thanks for your reply. did you mean "Immediate Relative category for USC". you said GC .. ?

Immediate Relative (of the sponsoring US citizen) to obtain LPR (i.e. their GC)