PD current next month and Finger print already expired

puja101

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Per visa builetin that came out yesterday my PD date becomes current next month. However, my finger print expired in Dec. 2009. Can someone please let me know if it is required to have finger print current in order to get GC. Please help

thanks
P

Hi,
Per visa builetin that came out yesterday my PD date becomes current next month. However, my finger print expired in Dec. 2009. Can someone please let me know if it is required to have finger print current in order to get GC. Please help

thanks
P

I have same question. My FP was done in Sept 2007.

They probably will send a new fingerprint notice for you soon. Back in 2007 I got an FP appointment in the month my PD became current, then my GC was approved 2 months later.

I have heard of an instance as recent as this month where I485 was approved without any re-finger printing after the initial one done when I485 was applied for (around the 2007 fiasco time).

Normally the FP is valid only for 15 months, but I have heard of them "refreshing" existing prints so they remain valid for another 15 months, instead of having the individual give fingerprints again.

The intent was to advice the OP not to fret if there hasn't been any re-finger printing though its always better to do a case specific inquiry with CIS (call them or schedule infopass).

Thanks all!!! I already opened SR ticket today. In addition, I did some research and found on murthy.com that there is a new fingerprint program – REFRESH like Jackolantern mentioned abobe. USCIS uses this system if fingerprints expire they will be automatically “refreshed” through this new system which will alleviate the need for most applicants to be fingerprinted again.