PCC Washington DC

chennaifeb15

Registered Users (C)
I applied for the PCC at the Indian embassy in Washington DC on Jan 02. I have the interiveiw on Feb 15th in Chennai. I have not heard anything back from them yet. And all my attempts to call them did not succeed. They simply dont anser the phone. My passport is with them. And I booked my tickets for Feb 9. Anybody in the similar situation.

hi

You need not wait for their reply and can personally go to consulate and collect PCC personally. Usually in DC they wait for a month and issue the PCC.
That\'s how i got it.

No Title

That is correct. They have a cut of date for 30 days, and they issue it. I don\'t know his number but there is a guy Mr. Sharma, he is the cosular officer. He understands our problems. You can go and request him personally. He comes after 10.30 a.m.

No Title

I applied on Jan 8th; Got my PCC on 23rd Jan.

Washington DC seemed to be helpful and good.
I had sent emails to HYD RPO office and requested them to expedite their reply to DC embassy. I even got a reply from Hyd RPO office that they sent the reply vide so and so letter number .. to DC.
Try your luck ! 202-939-9806 DC consulate number.

HYD RPO email address please

HI Can you please share the HYD RPO office email with us.DId you get the PCC by courier or stnd mail. Thanks in advance

chennaifeb15

I applied on Dec 24, but the lady at the consulate told me that they started processing only on Jan2.My passport is also with them. I talked to her yesterday and she is positive that by Feb2 i shd get the PCC and my passport back. My interview is on Feb26 at chennai and will be leaving us on Feb18. Dont worry, i think you will get it on Feb 2. Washington D.C has so far been consistent (30 days) for issuing the PCC.

Hope this helps
Sujatha

local pcc

Again a stupid question -- Is any one taking local pcc also from police station in India apart from PCC here in US
thanks

guys, i got mine from DC in 1 month....just walked in after the 30 days were over handed my passport

u applied. they dont need to keep ur passport for 30 days. speak to S K Sharma, Consular Attache and not to Indira Johnson. he seems to be very nice. Indira is perennially confused!!!!

Delhi embassy confirmed in mid Jan that US PCC is adequate....the guy at the counter told my father