PCC(Police certificate) - please clarify

jampala

Registered Users (C)
My spouse stayed in USA from July, 1997 to June, 2001.
Now she is staying in India from July 2001 to present.
I am processing the CP for my spouse. Now I need to get Police certificates as per new rules(Mumbai Consulate CP processing). From where I have get 2 PCC\'s and how to apply. Do I need to get one from USA because my spouse stayed here 4 years. If yes, where to apply in USA to get pcc for my spouse. Do I need the spouse passport original if I need to apply a pcc for my spouse. Can I apply on behalf of my spouse. Again my spouse need to get two more from India(one from local mumbai passport office and another from local police station). I am confused and I dont know the procedure how to apply. Can some please give me the clear picture what exactly I need to do.

PCC - What I am doing to get one!

Current Situation: I am currently in London (6yrs completed in US), and my wife is on visit to India (she has lived with me in US and UK), and will be there until interview. My passport was issued by SFO consulate on renewal, and my wife\'s passport was issued by RPO Mumbai.

For my PCC:- I applied at the London consulate the day before - I was told they will be sending the application to SFO to obtain no objection before they issue PCC, and it can take upto 35 days. Only way to expedite if I know someone (sic) at SFO. I requested London to fax to SFO ASAP - was told it will be done same day or next day. - Called SFO that night from London - they had not received it - suggested I call London back and request them again - I did just that this afternoon - Called SFO at night - got through after trying for 3 hours - was told they have not received it - I asked if I could send a copy by fax - Was told at midnight London time - Yes- Ran to office - faxed it - came back home and called again - Person at SFO said he found the app from London (Aaagh) and has faxed it back to London with No objection (God bless him) - Will chase London on Tuesday -

Summary : - They say 30-35 days but I hope to get it done in less than a week - God willing !!!

My wife\'s PCC: She is in the process of applying at the Mumbai RPO who have said the same 30-35 days. I am leaving from London on 24th Dec - Will go and chase them as well.

Summary; - I hope to get a PCC for me an my wife before our interview
date from the AUTHORITY THAT ISSUED OUR PASSPORT

As I understand it

IRRESPECTIVE OF WHICH COUNTRY YOU RESIDE IN, YOU NEED A PCC FROM AN INDIAN AUTHORITY - i.e. either RPO in India OR INDIAN Consulate outside INDIA.

DEPENDING ON THE PLACE OF ISSUE ON YOUR PASSPORT - The Indian authority where you apply for the PCC will need to contact the ISSUING AUTHORITY for a NO OBJECTION.

IF the PLACE OF PASSPORT ISSUE is the SAME as the PLACE of PCC APPLICATION then the PCC can potentially be issued in a 1-2 days.

This is how I understand it - but I am no expert so please do your own research

All the best !!!!1
DJ

Please throw your input...

My wife lived all her life in Trichy except in the following:
1). She lived in US for 4 months.
2). She went to India and living there for the past 5 months juggling equally between my place (Madras) and her place (Trichy).

I put Madras as her current residence in P3.

Where all we need to get PCC for her. Please give some idea. I am very very confused.

PCC(Police clearace certificate)-pl.help

Do I required to apply PCC from USA for her 4 years stay. Where and how to apply. what is the procedure.
Where can I get \'PCC\' proforma.