PCC from UK

thanks

Appan,
Thanks for your reply.
I have also applied about 15 days back .When did u apply? Have you got any receipt notice or any other communications?

Appan,
Thanks for your reply.
I have also applied about 15 days back .When did u apply? Have you got any receipt notice or any other communications?[/QUOM

My application reached there on may 21st 2007... I got the receipt notice... as per that it will take 40 days. But my interview will happen in another 20 days... :(

I sent my request in and had an acknowledgement in 8 calendar days so I guess it is just the luck of the draw or maybe they weren't really busy. Requested my info from the Metro Police and had a letter back within 21 calendar days. I'm in Canada and I was shocked at the speed.

Are you guys UK citizen ?
I will also need PCC from UK as i am living in UK at the moment. Has any of you considering CP from London

I sent my request in and had an acknowledgement in 8 calendar days so I guess it is just the luck of the draw or maybe they weren't really busy. Requested my info from the Metro Police and had a letter back within 21 calendar days. I'm in Canada and I was shocked at the speed.

When did u request the pcc from uk . May 2007?. I request the letter a week back .

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I requested it in late January 2007. I also got the receipt and the 40 days letter and a week or two later I had the clearance letter. I think it may have to do with where you live but the letter was mailed out on a Thursday and it reached me on the following Tuesday. London to Toronto in less than a week, that's not too bad in my book for a 5700km trip. I suppose if you have a long criminal record or whatever it could longer but still I can't see how it could take so long. The records being accessed were from the 1960s so I'm really stumped why it is taking so long for you folks.

thewonger is right, maybe it is the time of the year and the place from which you make your request. I made mine in February 2007 and had the same timeframe as he or she did. Eight days for a receipt and then 10 more days until a clearance letter. I'm just north of Toronto so maybe that has something to do with it. My letters concerned my parents who lived in the Greater London area in the 1950s, maybe older records are easier to access, I haven't heard anything so maybe someone out there has the answer.

pcc in uk and indian consulate

hello, just wanted to share my status/questions so far..
- we applied for pcc in person at a uk police station on 19th may. nothing received yet. but it will probably come ealier than 40 days
- seperately applied for pcc- passport related from indian consulate on 20th may. planning to go back around the 40 day mark to get stamped
- does anyone know the process of applying for pcc from passport office in chennai while we are abroad ? my pp was issued abroad. any input from you guys will be helpful
my pd just got current interview will mostly not happen anytime soon anyway.

Hello gcpost,
why do you need pcc from UK as well as India ? I am indian national living in UK for the last 5 years and will soon get british passport. Do you think i will also need pcc from uk as well as india if i go for CP in london.

thanks

cpo4 -- help

Hello gcpost,
why do you need pcc from UK as well as India ? I am indian national living in UK for the last 5 years and will soon get british passport. Do you think i will also need pcc from uk as well as india if i go for CP in london.

thanks

--- since your going for CP In London i think you might be in the same situation as mine. i have a 140 approved although its was ticked as "Adjustment of Status".
i am planning on filing i-824 but am unable to determine if UK consulate will accept my request for consular processing i am in EB3 ?

Hello gcpost,

thanks

I think everyone who has stayed for more than 6 months in any country has to get PCC from that country for the CP . Anyone please Correct me if I am wrong.

India will not issue a police certificate for foreign nationals who reside outside of India. So if you were an Indian citizen but now have the nationality of another country, then you don't need a police certificate.

quick update

opted consulate can be either country of current residence or home country. i have opted for home country though i am in uk.
on police certificate reqs for people staying outside home country, i have received a reply from home country consulate stating that we need 2 - 1 from uk police dept and another from home country's consulate in uk (nothing required from home country itself)
has anyone recvd pcc from uk police ?