PCC from India?

asharma

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I wanted to know if its ok to get a PCC from India directly when going for the CP process. My wife is India and Im in US. So I can apply for the PCC from the Indian Embassy in US, but my wife is gonna stay in India till we get the interview at US consulate in India.

So there is no way my wife can apply for a PCC from Indian embassy in US. Under this circumstance, is it gonna be ok for her to get the PCC from the local police station in India itself?

as

Originally posted by asharma
Hi everyone,
I wanted to know if its ok to get a PCC from India directly when going for the CP process. My wife is India and Im in US. So I can apply for the PCC from the Indian Embassy in US, but my wife is gonna stay in India till we get the interview at US consulate in India.

So there is no way my wife can apply for a PCC from Indian embassy in US. Under this circumstance, is it gonna be ok for her to get the PCC from the local police station in India itself?

as

She has to apply in India for the PCC. She has to approach the
local passport office for this.

Research the forums and you will find that she has to submit
2 PCCs , one from the Passport office and the second one from
the local police authority.

Raju

Thanks for the reply Raju.
Though there are some very unclear ideas about as to where is one supposed to the PCC from, I think you are right that she will need to get a PCC from passport office and local police station. Thanks for your reply.

as