PCC for new CP Process

gcdp2002

Registered Users (C)
I recently received I140 approval.. I have to decide on CP or AOS even if initially i made a choice for CP..
I stayed in UK from March to May, then went to India for 1 month again came
back in June to Sept, so date wise I stayed there less than 6 months.. So still I
need to get a police certificate from UK? pls let me know if anyone has done this..
Please let me know if anyone got PCC from SFO Indian Consulate? how much time it took and is that sufficient.

Police Certificate

I recently received I140 approval.. I have to decide on CP or AOS even if initially i made a choice for CP..
   I stayed in UK from March to May, then went to India for 1 month again came
   back in June to Sept, so date wise I stayed there less than 6 months.. So still I
   need to get a police certificate from UK? pls let me know if anyone has done this..
   Please let me know if anyone got PCC from SFO Indian Consulate? how much time it took and is that sufficient.

Need help to decide

Hi,
My CP date is in the last week of feb in Mumbai. I wasnt aware of PCC (my fault), and now I dont have sufficient time for it. I applied for it anyways at san francisco consulate and they gave me a letter stating that my PCC is under process and that I\'ve applied for it through them. I have couple of questions :
1) Can I get PCC directly from India based on this letter. If so whom do I contact for this, I no longer leave where my passport was issued. Will san francisco consulate send the request to place of issue or will he send it to my permanent residence in India. In the first case, where would police go for inquiry ( as no one from my family leaves there anymore )
2) For PCC do they only do background check in India or also in USA ?
3) Is it true if I postpond my CP interview date before the end of this month, I\'ll get another date in March ??
4) As per 30 days timeline, my PCC should come 3 days before my CP date but by that time I already should be in India for medical and stuff.

Any advice from any of you would be highly appreciated.
Thank you so much.