PCC clarification and other questions

justgc

Hi All Gurus,

PCC
I stay in the US and my wife and son are in India. They have always been in India . So what are all the PCCs that I will require for me and my wife. I have stayed in a couple of places in Mumbai as is the case with my wife. Do we need a local PCC from all the places we have stayed from the age of 16. The addresses on both our passports is that of my parents place and the address on my ration card is where my wife is currently staying.
The address on my sons passport is where my wife is currently staying. Does this matter.

I just checked my case on NVC and they said that they are awaiting Biographic information from the attorney's office. My question is what do I need to do now. Do I keep the DS230 ready filled so that I can send it to the attorney ? Can I go for AC140 now. What do I need to do and will it reduce the time of processing.

What about the addresses to be filled on the forms ? Which address to be filled as the permanent address. The one on the passport or the ration card.

If my wife visits me and stays with me till I get my interview at the consulate , can she get away with just the PCC from the consulate.

I hope all this makes sense.
Thanks in advance .
justgc

PCC
I stay in the US and my wife and son are in India. They have always been in India . So what are all the PCCs that I will require for me and my wife. I have stayed in a couple of places in Mumbai as is the case with my wife. Do we need a local PCC from all the places we have stayed from the age of 16. The addresses on both our passports is that of my parents place and the address on my ration card is where my wife is currently staying.

- YOU DON'T NEED ANY PCC FROM INDIA. YOU NEED ONLY ONE PCC FROM LOCAL CGI (CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA) IN USA.

- YOUR WIFE NEEDS 2 PCC'S:
1. ONE PCC FROM REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE (RPO)
2. ONE PCC FROM LOCAL POLICE AUTHORITIES (AREA POLICE STN. OR COMMISIONER OF POLICE OFFICE OR SP OFFICE...). SHE NEEDS ONLY ONE PCC FROM POLICE DEPT. FOR THE CURRENT RESIDENCY. RATION CARD PROOF SHOULD BE OK.

The address on my sons passport is where my wife is currently staying. Does this matter.

ITS FINE.

I just checked my case on NVC and they said that they are awaiting Biographic information from the attorney's office. My question is what do I need to do now. Do I keep the DS230 ready filled so that I can send it to the attorney ? Can I go for AC140 now. What do I need to do and will it reduce the time of processing.

I THINK EITHER WAY IS OK. ONCE YOU FILL AND SEND DS FORMS, NVC WILL PERFORM ADMIN REVIEW AND FORWARDS THE CASE TO CONSULATE. (THIS MAY TAKE MAX OF 6 WEEKS). ANYHOW, WAIT FOR OTHERS RESPONSE ON THIS.

What about the addresses to be filled on the forms ? Which address to be filled as the permanent address. The one on the passport or the ration card.

GIVE YOUR PERMANENT ADDRESS. I.E., WHERE YOU HAVE YOUR PERMANENT HOUSE (MAY BE YOUR PARENTS PLACE). ADDRESS ON RATION CARD OR PASSPORT DOESN'T MATTER.

If my wife visits me and stays with me till I get my interview at the consulate , can she get away with just the PCC from the consulate.

THAT SHOULD BE FINE. HOWEVER, MAKE SURE THAT SHE LIVES ATLEASTS 6 MONTHS IN USA IF YOU WANT TO GET A PCC FROM THERE. OTHERWISE IT IS BETTER TO TAKE PCC'S FROM INDIA ALSO.