PCC CGNY tracker

gcneeded

Registered Users (C)
Let\'s start a thread to track issuance of PCC at CGNY. I applied for PCC by mail on 10th Dec and in personal on 24th Dec. Will appreciate if you put your application date and issuance date.. also was it send by mail or in person..

CGNY said it will take approx. 35 days.

No Title

applied for pcc in person on 2nd Jan. was told that it will take around 30 days for clearence.

CGNY

I have sent by mail on 12/17 wich reached them on 12/18.
My app was faxed to RPO on 12/21 and wifes on 12/27.

TAZ you should have your pCC\'s in hand by now. Call them up.

I applied on Dec 4th in person. I t was approved on Dec 27th. I got it on Jan 2nd as I could not go earlier.

No Title

Have applied on 12/20/01 for me and my wife. Since my Passport was issued in NY, I got the PCC the same day. My wife was asked to call them back after 30 days. We are waiting to call around 1/20/02.

few questions

I would appreciate if you can let us know how do you find out about the status? I mean when they faxed application to RPO? Do they tell on phone or email reply? I tried to call CGNY for status of application, but it always goes to answering m/c..

gcneeded: PCC app mailed on 12/7/01, Recd by CGNY on 12/10/01, PCC recd on 12/15/01...

Both (me & wife) our passports were renewed (issued new PP) at CGNY in 10/01.

No Title

Sudhir congrats! which RPO issued your passport. Mumbai? Did you do anything to expedite? I applied on Dec 5th and the lady told me to come on next Friday i.e. Jan 11!

Thanks!

Guys kindly post if PCC wud get cleared frm which city in india

This i think wud make a lot of Difference

No Title

Sudhir thanks, one more question. Do you think they actually got back a clearance from Delhi RPO? or they just issued the cert since they did not hear from RPO? Did any local police person come to your residence in india for inquiry etc in that period?

Thanks!

Can I send the application by Fed-Ex/UPS?

Can you gurus tell me if I can send the application by Fed-Ex/UPS to CGNY? They mentioned in the instructions not to include the pre-paid Fed-Ex/UPS etc. for return service, but didn\'t mention if they would accept the in coming Fed-Ex/UPS packages.

No one comes to your residence.

I think the consulate basically sends info to RPO and they in turn get info from the Intelligence/CBI or whatever branch if there is any adverse info regarding you in their records. 30 days is not a sufficient period for the police to go to your house investigate etc.....

Yes they accept only Courier mail No USPS.

You can send by UPS/airborne/fedex etc. No retunr mail/envelope. They use their own.

One more question

How is PCC looklike? Is it separate document or do they stamp something on your passport?