Paystub Issue

JawadAlam

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I some doubts in regards to my GC processing via CP. Let me first give you a brief background about my case

I had to leave USA due to my project requirements as my 1-140 was being processed and I was planning to apply for I-485 parallely. But as I returned, I decided to do the CP way.

At this time, I am in India and also have a valid H1-B, my project requires me to work in the US for a short period of time (a couple of months) and then to return.

Currently I am waiting for packet 3 (the NVC has just recieved my case 2 months back)

My questions :

1. How long does it take from now on till GC (my consulate is chennai)

2. In the list of papers to be taken to the consulate are paystubs. The last paystub (US salary) I have is of Jan 2004. Right now as I have returned my payroll is processed here in India for indian salary. So till I have my interview, the most latest salary would be Jan 2004. Is this fine with the consulate ?. Or do I need to be working in the US right till I get my GC interview ?.

3. Where can I get my PCC, I am not a resident of Chennai, but work here.

Appreciate your thoughts:rolleyes: :confused:

jawadalam:

1. How long does it take from now on till GC (my consulate is chennai)
Answer: Assuming you have paid the fee bill already and you are expecting your p3, it will be another 4 months before you can expect an interview in chennai.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. In the list of papers to be taken to the consulate are paystubs. The last paystub (US salary) I have is of Jan 2004. Right now as I have returned my payroll is processed here in India for indian salary. So till I have my interview, the most latest salary would be Jan 2004. Is this fine with the consulate ?. Or do I need to be working in the US right till I get my GC interview ?.
answer: Paystub is not a requirement but good to have kinda deal. Carry your tax transcripts, w-2 and tax forms that you have filled while in usa. GC is for a future job so effective GC approval when you return to usa you need to be on the payroll of the company who sponsored your GC and be paid in usa dollars and so on and so forth.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Where can I get my PCC, I am not a resident of Chennai, but work here.
AnsweR: Any local police station in india (takes about 4 weeks or less with influence) plus from regional passport office (takes about 1 week...normally 2-3 days)