Paychecks

kutti80

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I've a question. My employer has to generate paystubs and waiting for the payment from the vendor. Once he gets the payment he has to generate the paystubs for June. If he does this in September or later this month, is it possible for him to back date them. And can he generate 1 or 2 paystubs per month once he back date them. Will it cause any issue to my 140 processing. Please help!!!

thanks.

First of all I am not a Guru but I don't think you can do that. A company has to pay the tax twice a month( NJ law)

Payroll checks are required to be dated when paid, not when earned.

Your paystub should be in-synch with your pay check. Is it fair to assume that you haven't yet gotten remunerated for your efforts in June? That would be a clear violation of your LC, wherein your employer states what he is paying you along with the frequency (usually weekly/bi-weekly/monthly/semi-monthly). You will also have issues for your W2s, if that is indeed the case.

If your employer is only paying you when his invoice gets paid, your best bet is to hope that CIS does not trigger an RFE for ability to pay.