Pay Stubs and Taxes

danielondon

Hello,

First that all, Thank you for taking the time to response the following inquiry.

I am a H1B Visa holder. I arrived to the states on October 2009. Today is start of August 2010. Almost 10 months. During this time, the company that I am working for, It has been in a crisis situation. They have not been able to pay me regularly and when they do, They give me a personal check to deposit on the bank.

I have multiple inquiries since I am starting to think that I am doing something incorrect and that is the last thing I want to do.

I have the feeling the company is not handling my situation correctly, because I do not have any pay stubs and my salary has not been constant. How should I proceed on this matter?

Also, I have not done any taxes yet, and a guy in the company told me they file an extension, but I am not sure what does it mean. How should I proceed on the taxes? Should I do it on my own? Do i need the company to do the taxes?

I have heard about W2, LCA, 1040 form. But I dont really know how they affect me.

Please help me on this, I am starting to get afraid that my immigration status gets affected.

Thank you