Passport's stamped what a tedious day

kalyank

Registered Users (C)
hello gang, keeping you guys informed...

Last monday i think we recieved our approval notices, last thursday or so we got the approval letters from our lawyer also. This morning we went to the local INS office (Las Vegas). At 8:30 in the morning we reached the at the INS building after getting ADIT style pictures taken in a small studio just opposite to the INS building.

One of my friends told me that I could go show the approval notice to the guard and he will let us in directly without standing in the line. Line was not that bad, but he promptly directed us to the end of the line :( . In the very hot Las Vegas sun (111 F) we stood there for 45 min. We got in, stood in one more lane for another 30 min. After checking the approval notice, photographs, and passports the officer gave us token number and warned us its going to take lot of time.

416 is our number and stamping kind applications token numbers start from 401. We went out to have some breakfast after two hours it moved to 405. We stepped out again to have lunch at 1:30 pm we came to to find that they were working on 406. There goes our work day called our respective bosses again to let them know probably we wont make it to the work.

Eventually they called us to the counter at 2:35PM(some of the tokens were missing, guess people had some other important stuff to attend to), both of us went there together(we had two different token numbers), the officer said she can process both of them together.

The documents that I submitted

Approval notice
ADIT style pictures two each(with our numbers and name written)
I-94
Passport
First and Second EAD cards
First and Second AP notices

She stamped both our passports, said it can take 10 months to get the cards. She was very particular about making sure that our current address is current and correct.

Crossed of old visas(expired already) and AOS stamp in our passports.

took our index finger prints and asked us to sign signature cards. Cracked couple of jokes. The actual process took 5 to 8 min at the maximum

So Here we go waiting begins again, although this time around I dont have no complaints (at least so far).

Best of luck to rest of the gang.

NINE YEARS BACK TODAY I RECIEVED MY I-20 form in the mail in VIZAG. GO FIGURE THAT......

Cheers
kalyan

Details:
PD APRIL 98
RD JULY 2001
FP NOVEMBER 2001
AD 29 JULY 2001
PP stamped 12 AUGUST 2001