Passports stamped at Portland, OR

sakthi

Registered Users (C)
We got our passports stamped at INS, Portland on 5/1/01. Here are the details.

EB2/RIR/INDIA @NSC
PD 3/3/99
RD 3/28/00
ND 5/1/00
FP 12/19/00
AD 04/24/01

I and my wife received the courtesy copies of I 485 approval notice on 4/30/01. We deciced to go for stamping with courtesy copy itself. We reached INS office by 0645 AM and there were about 25 guys already in the queue. They let us in by 0730 AM and our turn came by 0745 AM.

The IIO was very courteous and asked us to come together. He collected the courtesy copies of approval notices, 2 immigration photos each, Advance Parole documents and EADs.
He then took FP of \'right index finger\' and got our signatures. He then stamped the passports and said it will take 4 to 6 months to get plastic green cards and then wished us a \'good day\'. No questions at all. We were out by 0800 AM.

We never called any IIO and AVM was updated on the day of approval itself. Our EADs expired today and we haven\'t got our new EADs(we applied very late on 4/3/01 !!!)

This forum is really a useful one and we thank everyone of you for your valuable contributions that keeps this a lively one.

Myladoor, could you pls update NSC tracker (profile name Sakthi) with these details. Great job, Myladoor.

Good luck to you all.