Passports Are Happening Fast

tangodancer

Registered Users (C)
I mailed my passport application on the 26th of December and did not expedite as I have no current travel plans - I was shocked to receive it this week. It took only 15 days from start to finish. No certificate back yet but I won't start to worry for a week or two.

So I finally a complete citizen - took the oath, got my passport, got my voter registration card, even got my first jury summons.

Take care all, and good luck

Paul

I mailed my passport application on the 26th of December and did not expedite as I have no current travel plans - I was shocked to receive it this week. It took only 15 days from start to finish. No certificate back yet but I won't start to worry for a week or two.

So I finally a complete citizen - took the oath, got my passport, got my voter registration card, even got my first jury summons.

Take care all, and good luck

Paul

Great! Congrats. I applied recently through expedited. I am yet to get voter card, applied on same day as oath. Eager to vote on the primary election on Feb 5!

I think it depends a lot on which county you're in. For my case I got the card several weeks after I registered, perhaps around six weeks. I think some people don't get the card. When did you register? You might want to call your registrar of voters and see if they have registered you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My online status changed in State Dept website:

"We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.
You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 01/18/2008."

In Fremont there was no option to opt for a priority mail postage. They charged 16.25 for every expedite processing. Hopefully it arrives in couple of days.

I think it depends a lot on which county you're in. For my case I got the card several weeks after I registered, perhaps around six weeks. I think some people don't get the card. When did you register? You might want to call your registrar of voters and see if they have registered you.

I registered on the 3rd of December at my oath. Maybe King County doesn't mail voter cards.

Today I received my passport. Jan-10 at 8pm, Applied at county store. The process just takes weeks. Though not yet received my Nat. Cert.