Passport

Lizi

The immigration office kept my native passport. In my country, my proxy has the right to request a new passport. Will it be a violation of the law to use a new passport in America, for example, to get an ID card for the city of New York?

What "immigration office"? Why did they keep your passport? What were you doing with them? Did you apply for asylum?

No i came from mexico from border and they keep me and my girlfriend passport we are lesbians we want to get married and they have our passports. But in my country you can order new passport online. Now we have new passports and can we use these new passports to get married or it is illegal?

Who is "they"? And why did they keep your passport?

Your passport is between you and the country that issued it. As long as they issued you a passport, you can use it, including as ID to get married. The US has no rules disallowing you from using any document that was legitimately issued to you by any country.

It's essential to follow the laws and regulations of the country you're in, especially when it comes to identity documents like passports. If your native country allows your proxy to request a new passport, it might be a viable option.

It's essential to follow the laws and regulations of the country you're in, especially when it comes to identity documents like passports. If your native country allows your proxy to request a new passport, it might be a viable option.
However, when using a new passport in the United States, ensure that you follow all U.S. immigration and identification requirements. It's advisable to consult with legal professionals or relevant authorities to ensure you're in compliance with U.S. laws and regulations.

It may not be a good idea to use a new passport in America if your old one was kept by the immigration office. Here are some reasons why:

According to the U.S. immigration laws and enforcement if you are an immigrant or a nonimmigrant who entered the U.S. legally, you are required to report any change of address or contact information to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within 10 days of moving. This is to ensure that you can receive any notices or decisions from USCIS regarding your immigration status or benefits. If you fail to report your change of address, you may face penalties, such as fines, denial of benefits, or removal from the U.S.