Passport Validity

Quick Question

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My case got approved (ND-Jul 18\'00 AD-May 24\'01 FP-Nov\'00 PD-Apr\'99 EB2 India. ) and my passport expires Sep\'01. What is the minimum validity of passport required for GC stamping? I mean, can I get the passport renewed after stamping OR should I get it done with now?

TIA

No Title

Congrats on your approval.

Would advice to get your passport renewed and then go for stamping.

No Title

It is better to do it now. Indian embassy clears the passport within 7 days, if it is not a final passport (see (F) in your passport ) If final, you have to apply for new passport that takes 15 to 21 days. You have time, better apply for new/renew it, as INS may require 6 months minimum validaity.

Congrats!

No Title

I would say first go for stampling and apply for renewal after that. If you don\'t receive your plastic card by then you can go for one more time for stamping. That was extactly my friend did, he got passport stamped with the validity little more than a month and went for stamping second time, because it is taking about 6 months at CSC.
You donot need to get stamped if you have no plans to go out of th e countery in near future say in next 3 months.