Passport validity period for stamping

skd1

Registered Users (C)
I got my I485 approved recently and waiting for the notice. My passport is expiring in March 2003, which is exactly 6 months from now. Does the INS have any requirement on the minimum validity period for the passport for stamping? Please post, if anybody has any info on this. Thanks,

skd1

I am assuming, that because the temporary stamp is valid for 1 year, the passport has to ve valid, for more than that period.

you have 2 options.

1-get the passport Renewed (Its a 1 day affair) and then go for passport stamping.

2-Try going for passport stamping with the 6 month valid passport, either the Officer will stamp your passport (Pray he/she is ignorant), or the officer will just take your signature and your finger printing, but will not stamp the passport, which is also Ok as the stamp is temporary only (Not Required), and your GC will be mailed to you in due time.

Hope this helps

As per INS rule there is no such requirmenet.

I got stamped when my PP was about to expire(4 months time)

However if your passport is getting expired in less than one year then the stamp will not be for one year, but it will be until your pp expiry date.

Incase if you didn't get your card and your passport gote expired, and that case you can take the new passport and go to the ins and get it stamped again.

Generally speaking once you are done with stamping you should get your card in a month time.