Passport Stamping

Harshk

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My 485 was approved on Dec 1st. I recvd my approval notice for all of us (myself, Wife, 2 kids). As per notice Its just me and my wife whoes passports needs to be stamped, is it true that My kids need not stamp there passport ? Any one has any experience ?

Thanks

congrats

Isn't it the case that kids younger than 14 or so will receive a welcome letter and don't need to go for stamping? Try searching this forum and you will find some threads discussing it.
So it takes roughly ten days to receive the approval notice huh? Funny that the FP which was generated after the approval was received earlier!!

kids donot need stamping.
I have a question for u. Doesnt ur letter specally say that u have to go stamping and index FP or u can just wait for cards? I asked this becuase my approval letter says " u will receive ur card in 6 months by mail. If u want a temp stamping, u must go to local office". My case was a xer case and i already done index FP and submitted new photos during interview. Does ur letter have the same message?
thanks

No, it doesnt so i guess i have to go with my wife for stamping, it does say in kids approval letter that they will recv there GC in 3 weeks time.

thanks. search on this forum. U have to go because they need ur index FP on cards. Only after stamping will they order cards for u. children donot need stamping becuase their FP wont appear on cards

thanks. search on this forum. U have to go because they need ur index FP on cards. Only after stamping will they order cards for u. children donot need stamping becuase their FP wont appear on cards