passport stamping

holdingbreath

Registered Users (C)
I checked USCIS website and found my case is approved. I'm wondering what will be needed to do passport stamping? I heard someone mentioned all past EAD cards will have to be turned back, but I lost one of them. Will this cause any problems?

To do passport stamping you would need to carry passport and yourself. Well, that was a joke :p . Obviously you would need passport. You may want to carry photocopy of all the pages of your passport. Some officers ask for EAD, AP, I-94 and do not return them. But your current EAD is important. The expired ones are as good as trash and they do not ask. Some may ask for Driver's License and current emplyment letter if you change jobs recently. You would also need two ADIT style photos.

chalam said:
Do we need current employment letter, if we continue in the same job ever since I-485 was filed.
Why Driver's License is needed? For ID or Address verification? My wife does not have DL. Is it necessary to have a DL befor going for stamping. If it is for ID or even address verification can't we do with Passport or EAD.

Thanks

The following are the only documents required for passport stamping:
- Approval notice(either Original or Courtesy copy)
- Your passport
- Arrival/Departure record, I-94
- 2 ADIT style photos

You may or may not be asked for:
- old AP and EAD

Hi cmjorn,

Thanks.
Now I assume Passport or EAD or AP will definitely serve as Photo IDs, just incase the Photo ID is asked for.

cmjorn said:
The following are the only documents required for passport stamping:
- Approval notice(either Original or Courtesy copy)
- Your passport
- Arrival/Departure record, I-94
- 2 ADIT style photos

You may or may not be asked for:
- old AP and EAD