Passport stamping ... with expired passport

AlexMN

Registered Users (C)
I just realized that my passport has expired 2 months ago. I contacted the embassy and they won't extend it here as they have already done so once.

Anybody has any experience with this kind of situation?

If I leave the country to get a new passport, how do I come back?

I think you can get a temporary stamp on another form (I-90??). You should talk to your attorney to get more details.

Cheers,

It's not compulsion to have stamping of GC (I-551) on passport. It can be on other paper just to show the proof. You can show it while coming back.
Earlier in this forum I had read that. Please serach for that and talk to your lawyer.

As far as your passport is concerned your emabssy would be the best to advise you. like getting departure stamp on passport etc.

AlexMN said:
I just realized that my passport has expired 2 months ago. I contacted the embassy and they won't extend it here as they have already done so once.

Anybody has any experience with this kind of situation?

If I leave the country to get a new passport, how do I come back?

Doesn't makes sense to go back to you country to renew your passport. Embassies should do that for you. Just, how can you leave this country with an expired passport ?

Relax

Just take an extra picture of yourself (get another set when you get the pics you need) and tell the guy that your passport expired. They'll put it on an I-94 card, fingerprint in the back, pressed stamp, and voila!

I did it a month or so ago.

Your consulate officer very strange. How can you travel out of usa without
passport? Even in expired, they are able to make a new(renewal) passport
for your country national.

Last edited by a moderator: