Passport Stamping Questions

gc_lotto

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My I-485 (RD: 02/22/2002) was approved on 06/17/2004.

I haven't received my approval notices yet.

Here are my questions -

1. What are the documentation needed for stamping?

2. What kind of photographs, do I need? Is it the same kind which we submit for I-131 (side pose) or is it a passport-style photograph.

3. Can we get stamping done with the print-out from the USCIS web-site (incase the approval notices get delayed/lost) ?

Please share your experiences.

this is what my lawyer asked me to bring. they asked for everything in the list except for driver's license.

o Approval Notice - i dont think you can bring print-out from website; i showed them lawyer's copy but they asked for my copy (Courtesy copy).
o passport
o I-94
o 2 photos, side pose
o EAD cards
o Advance Parole
o driver's license

they will take your signature specimen and also fingerprint of your index finger.

Why do you need DL? From many of the posts here, DL is not required.

talongganisa said:
this is what my lawyer asked me to bring. they asked for everything in the list except for driver's license.

o Approval Notice - i dont think you can bring print-out from website; i showed them lawyer's copy but they asked for my copy (Courtesy copy).
o passport
o I-94
o 2 photos, side pose
o EAD cards
o Advance Parole
o driver's license

they will take your signature specimen and also fingerprint of your index finger.

as i said, my lawyer wanted me to bring driver's license but INS did not ask for it during passport stamping. we were asked for photo ID when to enter INS office, but if you have a passport, you can show it instead of a driver's license.