passport stamping in Boston office

wang1

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I get my approval notice today and plan to go get my passport stamped.
Did anyone go there for stamping recently? Could you share your experience? Also do we all need infopass appointment?
Thanks.

To day I we just did for my wife an hour ago. My memories are still fresh. We had to wait for 90 min with infopass appointment. I would suggest you take that unless you have emergency.I don;t know they allow with out infopass. They may do it but it would definitely be the long wait.

I also did for my self couple of weeks back with infopass. My experience was better than my wife's and I also wrote in this forum that courtesy copy is just sufficent. Today for my wife the officer asked for the original copy.
When we said we don't have - he is not happy . He also asked for driver's licence. ( I also found him kind of rude that 2 min we spend there). The experience is not so good. Finally said card will arrive in 6 months.

So I would suggest every body take original as well as courtesy copy. ( I also read that for some people - they asked the courtesy copies when they presented original copy).

Good luck.

wang1 said:
Hi, I get my approval notice today and plan to go get my passport stamped.
Did anyone go there for stamping recently? Could you share your experience? Also do we all need infopass appointment?
Thanks.

Thanks for the sharing. Even with appointment wait for 90 minutes!!!

I definitely need 2 front face photos, not the side views ones, right. I think I will bring both just in case.

You need to take the photo's with latest specs i.e with front face. If the officer doesn't like the photo's for some reason they ask you to take the photo's there. The photo facility is available on the left of the same room (Look for cash counter). 2 photos for 10$ -only cash is allowed. I found the officer sent the person standing infront of me for photos. Don't know the reason though.

wang1 said:
Thanks for the sharing. Even with appointment wait for 90 minutes!!!

I definitely need 2 front face photos, not the side views ones, right. I think I will bring both just in case.

courtesy copies

what is the courtesy copies mean? Is that the online message for approval we print out? I just got approval from online stauts, may I call the iofopass then? where could find out eh number of ifopass in NYC?

RD 08/05/02
2FP 04/13/04
AD 09/17/04
NO REF

print-out is not the courtesy copy. USCIS normally sends two approval notices( paper documents), one to attorney which is the original and the other to the beneficiary - which is courtesy copy. If there is no attorney then I am not sure BCIS sends both copies to beneficiary or it drops the courtesy copy. On the courtesy copy its clearly written as courtesy copy and can't be used as a proof of approval. I seriously doubt they would accept a written print out. Hope this helps.

zxia3 said:
what is the courtesy copies mean? Is that the online message for approval we print out? I just got approval from online stauts, may I call the iofopass then? where could find out eh number of ifopass in NYC?

RD 08/05/02
2FP 04/13/04
AD 09/17/04
NO REF

Stamping Experience At Boston

I completed Passport stamping for me and my wife yesterday. gcinfo1971 has summarized it pretty well. I thought I'd add my experience too.
Fixed appointment through InfoPass for both me and my wife at 1:30pm. There was a pretty long queue just get to the counter in the room. I just went up the security guy and told him I had an appointment for 1:30. It was exactly 1:30 then and so he said that I was next and flagged me to the counter (I didn't look at the people in the line 'coz I'm sure they were cursin' me!!!). At this counter they issue you a token and ask you to get the fingerprints done. Once the fingerprints are done, you have to wait for your token number to be called. I believe I waited for about 1 hour. The guy who took our application was prety friendly(THANK GOD!!!) and joked with me a bit. He finished our paperwork pretty quick - the actual time he spent to stamp our Passports was 20 mts. Told us that the Green Card would arrive in 6-8 months. I would say that my experience was pretty good.
We just took the Approval Notices we got in the mail - I didn't see it written 'Courtesy Copy' anywhere on it. I made sure that I had the front-face style photographs and my wife didn't have any ear-rings or nose-rings in her photograph(but she did have a chain). Like gcinfo1971 said, if there are any photograph issues, there's a photo facility in the room itself. I did notice a couple of people having to go there - one brought the older photos, and the officer didn't like another person's. It basically depends on the officer - if he's grumpy he might give you a rougher ride.
My advice (hope it makes sense) is to fix the appointment in the afternoon (1:00-2:00 would be the best). The reason is that they close at 3:00, and they have to make sure that they process all applicants before that. So they might put a few more officers depending on the number of peope left. So you know you'll be out by 3:00!!! The only hitch is that the counter where they issue the tokens is open only till 2:00pm, so you have to reach there by then. Whereas, if it is the morning, you might have to wait a lot longer.
Hope this wasn't TOO BORING !!!!!