Passport Stamping Experience at NYC

VSC_Waiter9999

Registered Users (C)
hey guys,

thought i\'d share the experience...
my wife and i went down to 26 Federal Plaza to get our passports stamped this morning ..

we got there around 6:45 AM and there was already a line of about 20~25 people ahead of us.
* make sure you go to the Worth Street entrance.
at around 7:30 AM the doors opened and we were let in.
* you have to go thru a metal detector, so be prepared to wait
upon entering the building go directly to the 3rd floor room 300. (NOT to room 102 as it says on the approval notice)
we were the 2nd in line at room 300..
at around 8:00 AM INS workers began to arrive and started collecting the Approval Notices (just the approval notices and nothing else).
a few minutes later they started calling people to the registers where they take the remainder your documents (the I-94, photos, passport and EAD cards) collect your fingerprint & signature on form I-89 and tell you to wait for your name to be called again..
your papers go to another officer behind a computer desk (this i think is the new IBIS check) and moments later she transfers our papers to another officer who called out our name and gave our stamped passports back.
she said that the actual card would arrive in the mail anywhere between 6 to 9 months... i sure hope it doesn\'t take that long ..

we were out at exactly 8:29 AM :)