Passport stamping documents

wooddr

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I plan to have my passport stamped soon. What documents do I need to bring, e.g. my ID, original 485 approval notice, all original APs and EADs, what else? Any fees?

DO I need to bring another two passport photos? I haven't had biometrics done and I am waiting for the biometrics notification per my 485 approval notice. At the time of my passport stamping, will the INS officer take my index FP, signature and will they take another digital picture or just take the two passport photos I bring?

DO I need to make to separate Infopass appoinments for my wife and my self, or we just make one?

Thanks in advance and you guys have been very helpful,

With the new procedure most centers WILL NOT stamp your passport unless you are told to do so OR you have an immediate need to travel.
You will receive a notice telling you to appear for a Biometric appointment to get your pic done, index fingerprint and signature. This info they will use to make your card. You will present your passport for ID, the approval notice, any AP and EAD you have.
The notice will come in 2-4 weeks . Just wait for the Biometric appointment like your approval notice tells you. There is no need for an infopass appointment the notice will tell you where to appear and when.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Grunngy,

So I can still go get stamped if I need travel in the immediate future.?

Alos, after biometrics FP, if they take my original approval notice, how can I go get stamped before receiving the plastic card?

wooddr said:
Thanks Grunngy,

So I can still go get stamped if I need travel in the immediate future.?

So I have been told. You present the approval letter but you must show proof you are indeed going to travel immediately. Like plane tickets already bought.

Also, after biometrics FP, if they take my original approval notice, how can I go get stamped before receiving the plastic card?

If you don't need to travel right away you don't need the stamp. Don't worry about the stamping. Like I said unless you need to travel they WILL NOT STAMP YOUR PASSPORT. You will have to wait until you do your Biometrics before the card will be made. Your card will be processed quite quickly after Biometrics. I also just asked them to photocopy my approval letter for my records because they will take the original.