Passport stamping at Miami

Miami_FL_TSC

Registered Users (C)
I finished the passport stamping on July 15th (Thursday). It took just a few minutes and was a pleasant experience. Now waiting for the Card Ordered email.

Hi "Miami_FL_TSC",

Do we need an appointment for stamping at Miami office? One of my friend said when he went for stamping they mentioned that he don't need an appointment for GC stamping.

What all the documents we have have to carry for the stamping? If possible, please post your detailed stamping experience.

sairam4599 said:
Hi "Miami_FL_TSC",

Do we need an appointment for stamping at Miami office? One of my friend said when he went for stamping they mentioned that he don't need an appointment for GC stamping.

Althought USCIS asks us to get an Infopass appointment, I felt it is not required. They just looked at my Approval notice and let me in.

What all the documents we have have to carry for the stamping? If possible, please post your detailed stamping experience.

People have posted different experiences, but for me they just looked at The Approval Notice. asked for Passport and Photo's. That's it.

I will post my experience in detail later. If you have specific questions let me know. BTW are you planning on going for the stamping?

I got the approval courtsey copies for my husband and myself. But waiting for the approval notices from attorney. Can we go for stamping with courtsey copies? please post your detailed experience that will help us a lot.

I-485 - RD Aug-2002
FP - Jan-2004
AD- Jul-2004.

More Detailed experience

Here is my experience

1. I got info pass appointment on July 02, for Jul 15 at 2:15 and 2:30 PM respectively for self and spouse (last ones for the day since, I have a toddler, did not want to take chances of going without an appointment).
2. Reached local USCIS center at Biscayne Blvd and 79th st at 2:10PM.
Parked at the $10 private lot West of the center (Attendant told us to go to the back of the building If I have an Approval notice, While going there signs indicated that for Approvals it would be section C at the back. Anyway reached the backside there were half a dozen people milling around with couple of security people at the small entrance. I showed the appointment letter the gaurd saw it and said the appointment is at 2:30 so you have to wait outside, for my wife he said she can go in but when he noticed the Approval notice in the hand. Asked us to go directly to the front and show the approval notice to the guard and not to bother about the info pass appointment.
Went to the front showed the approval notice to the security guard in front of the building, then to the security guard in between the double door entrance. Then Passed through the security check like the ones we have at the airports. Took the lift for 2nd floor, another guard saw the notice and asked us to place the notice in the second bin on the right while passing through the hallway at the right. On the left there was seating for more than 50 people. It was 2:15 when we took the seats. There were about 15 people waiting, I soon realized that those folks were not Employment based categories and were there for various reasons. They were being called in the front and being pictured etc.
After about 5 to 10 minutes my name was called from behind to the left. The cute lady greeted and asked for the passport and photos. Then she took some blue form put some plastic stencil kind of thing asked me to right index finger print and sign on both sides of the form. She told me I wouldn’t need the I94 she put it in the trash, put a red stamp in the passport dated and signed and said I would get the card in 4 – 6 months (it felt like she said 46 months) I did not bother for clarification, since I know it was a standard message. She asked me if my wife was also with me, I could send her in. I told her asked my wife to go in, she was also done in 2 minutes we were out of the building by 2:35Pm, out of Biscayne Area in another 10 minutes.
While going out I saw vacant coin parking meters and also noticed a towing guy was placing a wheel restraint on a few cars at the shopping area parking.
Overall everyone was pleasant and process was real quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know the reason for you guys to hurry but based on what I saw, Courtsey copy may not be a problem. I would suggest to come up with a good story to tell them if asked where is the original.

sbjami :

Q: Do we need to take infopass appt. for passport stamping in Miami?

A: As of July, 04 it did not appear like the appt was required. Bit unless you are in some kind of hurry or do not mind going twice, I suggest you get an appt (to tackle a worst case scenario).

My question is -

1. Can I go to the west palm beach INS office for stamping or I have to go to miami only as listing in the approval letter?
A: I think you can go to WPB.

2. If I go to miami office do I need to take infopass appt. eventhough it is not listed in the approval letter?

A: If you are in a hurry or If you do not mind losing a day, my suggestion is try a walk-in to WPB office. If it does not work try walk-in at Miami office. But if you dont mind waiting 2 weeks then get an infopass appointment and then go to Maimi.

check this also .

General tips for PP stamping

Other Miami experiences1

Other Miami experiences2

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: