Passport Stamped

Raju Datla

Registered Users (C)
Here are a few things about stamping at SFO.

1. There are two queues at SFO INS center, one for general inquiries (the long queue to Washington street entrance) and the second one for appointments (the one for passport stamping - this queue leads the Sansome street entrance). Take the Sansome street queue.

2. When you get to the second floor, go to room 200 and you will find room 200B to your right as you enter. You will find a small queue at counter 19 right next to the room 200B. Instead of joining the queue, you can just go to the door or 200B and drop off your approval notices thru the mail slot on the door. It does not hurt to stand in queue at #19, but people who drop off their notice will get precedence over those in line.

I went at 8:40 am today. There were 15 persons ahead of me. Took me 15 minutes to get in. Went thru the security check and to the second floor. Dropped off my approval notice at the door of 200B. Was called after 10 minutes (ahead of folks who were standing in the queue at #19 before I arrived!). The gentleman at the counter took my passport, courtsey copy, EAD and AP documents (he did not take the original approval despite my mentioning it). Took print of my right hand index finger and signature. Asked us to wait for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, our names were called and we (my wife and I) collected our stamped passport.

Ciba,
Pl. add me to the plastic card tracking list. Also, feel free to add my experience to the PP experience database. Once again, many thanks for maintaing 485 database.

Details:
RD : 3/8/01
ND : 3/30/01
FP : 10/13/01

AD : 1/15/02

Passport Stamped : 1/23/02

What does the stamp say?

Congratulations!

Would you mind posting the exact words on the passport stamp? Does it qualify as a green card?

I heard that us permanent resident does not need to obtain visa to visit Canada, I\'m wondering if this passport stamp qualifies or do I need to wait for the plastic card?

Thanks in advance,

Lidna

No Title

Do you change anything at Social Security office? Some people say that once passport is stamped, they get this done.

Stamp details

>Would you mind posting the exact words on the passport stamp? Does it qualify as a green card?

Here is the verbatim (if you ignore don\'t care\'s i.e.): ******

A75 76X XXX
PROCESSED FOR I-551
TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF
LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR
PERMANENT RESIDENCE
VALID UNTIL 01-22-2003
EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED

Raju Datla
WAC-01-145-xxxxx
WAC E-26 01/15/02

JAN 23 2002

Note : If you ignore the blank lines, Line 1, date on line 6, lines 8,9, 10 are hand written. Rest is stamped.

>I heard that us permanent resident does not need to obtain visa to visit Canada, I\'m wondering if this passport stamp qualifies or do I need to wait for the plastic card?

I don\'t know the answer, but my \'belief\' is that it qualifies.

>Thanks in advance,

Sure thing.

>Lidna

Thank you very much Raju! People like you are respectable.

A lot of guys who have finished their GC process just say, "hey, i got it, good bye", when people following need their experience. Thank you for your selfless contribution. I\'ll be at SF office for PP stamping soon.

Lidna, don\'t worry, an I-551 stamp IS A GREEN CARD. You know the relation between citizenship and passport? The relation of permanent residency and green card is just like the same :) There\'s NO difference between the stamp and plastic card on law effect, except the length of validity.

Photographs and PP Stamping

Congratulations ! Best wishes for a long , healthy and prosperous life !!

Do we need to carry photographs while going for PP stamping?
If so, how many?

Thanks
NallaRaj

Two photographs (similar to the ones you used for I-485 application)

Do remember to write your name and WAC number on the back of the photographs with pencil.

Thanks Raju...

Raju, Thanks. I just did the same this morning. Was out before my parking time expired :)))
Thanks for sharing your experience in detail.....