passport stamped in LA INS; took 4 hrs

ed spiers

Registered Users (C)
Me and my wife have got our pp stamped yesterday at the LA INS office. I went straight to rm 2050 (thanks to other posts) thru the main entrance and got there by 8:30am. Just show the driver\'s license and they will elt you in. After we gave the original copies of the approval to the security guard at the door of rm 2050, we waited for almost 4 hours before our names are called. Then the stamping, finger printing took about 15 minutes.

-our original copies of the approval notice were taken by the officer, they gave us back the copies.

-our EAD were taken

-the officer did not ask to see the AP papers.

-it looks like there were only 2 officers working on pp stamping in that room. There must have been at least 50 people waiting. Some of them that came in late (at around 10 to 11am) actually got send back home by the officer because the officer did not think he can finish them in time. So even though the hours says on the approval notice is 6 to 12, be sure to get there by 9, 10 the latest.

-be sure to ask the security guard which window is doing the pp stamp because there may be other officers doing something else (AP or I-130). The room is big and it is hard to hear what names are called if you are not sitting close to the officer who is calling the names for pp stamping.

-pictures can be taken on the third floor if you need to do it in the last minute.