passport stamped in Chicago

My wife and I got our passports stamped yesterday - May 16 in Chicago INS. I485 approved on May 2, approval notices (courtesy copy & lawyer copy) received on May 7. We took our passports, H1 I-94, our I-94 from the last entry into US, two pictures. We also had our AP, EAD, Birth and marriage certificates.

Reached INS office by 7.15 in the morning. At about 9.30 our waiting number was displayed; the immigration officer asked for the passport, approval notice (I gave her both the copies, but she returned the courtesy copy), I94s and two photo. she then filled out a form with my name and A# took the finger prints and asked to sign the form; she then stapled the form to the I485 approval notice and stamped the passport. She mentioned that the green card will be mailed within a year. I requested her to mail the green card to a different home address than on the I485 approval notice. She asked for the new address; made the correction on the approval notice. The whole thing took about 10 minutes for the two of us. The INS officer was very courteous. She wished us good luck.