Passport stamped for over one month, no status change

Who_Loves_BCIS

Registered Users (C)
I stamped my passport about one month ago, but the online status is still same as before: This case has been approved, etc......Is this normal?

Thanks.

Who_Loves_BCIS said:
I stamped my passport about one month ago, but the online status is still same as before: This case has been approved, etc......Is this normal?

Thanks.

Patterns on this board indicate to expect no activity for at least six weeks after stamping. Also depends on where you stamped. Some SJC stampers saw activity inside of a month. SFO, where we stamped, who knows when action will happen.

how can you expect change in 1 month that too from USCIS when you waited for GC forever hmmmmmm :) just kidding maan, I thought you already learnt to the art of being frustratingly patient from USCIS.

Good Luck.

my case being in CSC but my PS was done in VSC area
I have been waiting since 3 months now no change in LUD date for me.
That sucks

whadup said:
my case being in CSC but my PS was done in VSC area
I have been waiting since 3 months now no change in LUD date for me.
That sucks

Then call that number listed at uscis.gov case status page which tells people to call if they have been waiting more than 60 days. It will open an enquiry.

Don't see what the problem is, specially when tons of people are waiting for approvals, I would say plastic cards should be the last thing on INS's mind. For the people who have been approved the wait is OVER! The rest is just a formality. In most cases the stamp works as good as a plastic card. So relax, keep your party hats on and don't let the party stop until you get the card.

no worries

in my case, i got the approval letter but the status online said that they were still working on my case.

then more than a month after stamping, the status changed straight to 'card processing completed'

dont really care what the online status says... as long as it doesnt go back to saying "we are taking 999 days for your case"

long_wait_4_gc said:
in my case, i got the approval letter but the status online said that they were still working on my case.

then more than a month after stamping, the status changed straight to 'card processing completed'

dont really care what the online status says... as long as it doesnt go back to saying "we are taking 999 days for your case"
how does it matter even if it says 999 days now that you have the stamping. At the most you have to take trouble to go to the local office after a year to get another stamp if your card has still not come. I think that is better than the never ending painful wait for the approval.

Once you are stamped you have a legal document to show them that your gc is through. of course as well as it would be better to take photocopies every damn document USCIS sends you for your records. It is a no-brainer to do this and if people have not bothered to this, it is their decision.