Passport Stamped at San Jose

I S

Registered Users (C)
Got our PPs stamped at San Jose INS Center located on Monterey road. Reached there around 2:15AM -around 10-15 people were ahead of me. Spouse joined at 6:30AM. By that time, there were about 300 people in the line. Had to pass thro\' security check...Inside we were given #s. We were called within 15 minutes...No questions asked. Officer collected my AP, EAD, I-94 on my latest H1 (since the I-94 on my passport had expired).

Spouse was stamped with a different officer who collected her expired I-94 attached to her passport. On asking, he simply said that the current I-94 on her H1 can just be "safely stored" away since we are now GC holders.
I had the WAC # on the stamp whereas spouse did not. Once again on enquiry officer said that WAC # is not needed - A# is the important one. WAC# is only meant for visa holders.
So, we were both stamped differently. Hopefully, both of us will get our plastic cards.

Cheers!
IS.

Thanks Chik!

Chik and Newcomers!

Wish you both get our approvals soon !
We are now planning on visiting India, after receiving our approval. Its been 5 years and 6 months since we went back home. So, its going to be memorable holidays for us.

Wishing you both the very best !
IS