Passport Stamped at Newark.

illusion

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

We got our passports stamped at Newark yesterday. We had taken the courtesy copy of the approval notice we recd from VSC.

The whole process including waiting in line - took about an hour.
They first get our fingerprint and signature on a form and assign a number to each person. Then we have to wait in a room till the officer at the counter displays our number. They stamp the passport and say.. you are free to travel without visa and work for anyone.

Advise is : It is better to reach there as early as possible to avoid waiting in long lines.

So we are done with the process and now waiting to receive the actual card..which they say takes anywhere from 6 -10 months !

Good luck to all those waiting and I wish that your turn comes soon.
Thanks to all that showed concern and helped us in times of doubts and distress.

Regards,
illusion.

No Title

Congratulations.
Does your Courtesy copy says you need to go only on Wednesdays or any other day you can go?

Kiran

No Title

Hi,

Could you tell me whether it is for I-485 stamping...? what stamping you are talkign about.

I have one more doubt too, that me and my wife both have applied for the GC seperately( we both are in H1-B) i.e. in my application her name and in her application my name. Will this lead to any confusion in the INS in future..? Is this correct or illegal ..?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Yes, I 485 stamping.

About separate application I am not aware if it will create problems.
My opinion is, it may not.
However, if you want this question answered, there is a website maintained by a lawyer called Alan Heckler.

www.aheckler.com

Go to the message board and post your query, He usually answers the same day or next day. Hope this info is helpful.
Good luck.
Illusion.