passport stamped at Arlington,VA

rsatya

Registered Users (C)
AD: 03/08/2002
Approval Notice Received on : 03/15/2002
Stamping done on : 03/18/2002

We went to Arlington local INS office (4420 N Fairfax Dr, Arlington)

From 66 EAST, took exit no 71 towards Fairfax Drive. INS office is located on the right side just after passing Glebe Road. Reached there around 5.15AM. Already, there were about 15 people were waiting. Since it was raining and the temperature was about 39 degrees, most of the people came around 6.30AM. There was a parking garage near the INS office but it opens only at 7 AM. So, parked the car in the metered parking lot which is across the INS building (go straight 0.1/0.2miles, metered parking is on the unnamed street across the INS). You can park it there until 8AM for free but later the maximum allowed time is 1 hour. If the time expires and you don\'t put the coins again, there are very good chances that the car will be towed ($125) or a ticket will be issued ( $20) (since it is a busy area). At 7 AM, once the parking garage was open, parked the car there. At 7.10 AM, an INS officer asked (shouted) everyone to form a singel lane and started giving tokens (It is not actuall a token but a red colored folder kind of thing marked with a digit 2, might be the floor number). At 7.30AM, they allowed us to enter into the office. We went through the security check (they scanned the baggage) and were directed to go to the second floor where there was another lane forming. The official saw the passport, ADIT style photos, I94, EAD, AP, and ofcourse the approval notice. She put the photos, I94, EAD in one small envelop and stapled with approval notice and AP documents. Then, returned everything along with a token and asked us to wait there. Me and my wife were given two separate tokens. Our turn came at 8.30AM. They just glanced at the approval notice and asked me to show another identification. I showed them my driver\'s license. Since I have two passports, the new one was issued two months back as the old one was expired, obviously, they put the stamp in the new passport (Also, they took away I94, EAD and AP documents). We were out by 8.40AM

Hope this helps.

Mandatory documents:
1. Approval Notice (courtesy)
2. 2 ADIT style photos
3. Passport
4. EAD (If you have)
5. AP (If you have)
6. I94

In case, if there is any problem with your photos, you can again get them done quickly in the DELI downstairs which opens at 7AM.

Good luck

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot an email at rcumar@yahoo.com

-rsatya

1-485 to GC

Hi,
It would be a great favour if you could jot down the steps/process you went through since filling your i-485 papers.

Thanks.

A Question

Congrats!! Did you say, the courtesy copy(that the one you received in the mail, NOT the one the attorney received) works for passport stamping at INS, Arlington, VA?

courtesy copy

Yes, you can get the stamping done with the courtesy copy, atleast at Arlington, VA INS office. My attorney hasn\'t received the notice yet.

steps

1. 485 papers were received by INS on 07/13/01
2. Notices for 485, EAD and AP were received by me in the first week of september. ND: 08/28/2002
3. In approximately four weeks (I don\'t remember the exact time frame) from ND, received the EAD
4. Three weeks later, got the Advance Parole
5. waiting continued(started) for Finger Print Notice
6.FP Notice received on 12/14/01 which was scheduled for 01/10/02 (Alexandria, VA) . AVM was updated accordingly.

7. Two days later, checked with FBI about the status and came to know the results were sent to INS the same day, ie 01/10/02

8. Until 01/16/02, AVM said "...Pending FP review...."

9. On 01/17/02, AVM was updated to "On January 17, Your FP results were reviewed and processing has been resumed on your case"

10. On 03/11/02 AVM was updated with Approval message (AD: 03/08/02)

11. On 03/15/02, Courtesy copy was received

12. On 03/18/02, Passport stamped

13. Waiting to receive the plastic cards

Never talked to IIO until the case was approved. Then, called the IIO to reconfirm. Never changed the employer

Hope, it makes sense

rsatya