Passport Stamp: AP and EAD needed?

gutterboy

Registered Users (C)
Someone in one stampe experience thread mentioned AP and EAD are needed to turn in to INS.

Just checked my Approval Notice, only the notice, I-94, passport and two photos are mentioned, nothing else.

I moved recently. AP and EAD are in one of the many boxes. I'm lazy to unpack if not needed.

Can some one clarify? Thanks, Gutterboy

gutterboy said:
Someone in one stampe experience thread mentioned AP and EAD are needed to turn in to INS.

Just checked my Approval Notice, only the notice, I-94, passport and two photos are mentioned, nothing else.

I moved recently. AP and EAD are in one of the many boxes. I'm lazy to unpack if not needed.

Can some one clarify? Thanks, Gutterboy

They are not mandatory. In LA, I did not take EAD/AP with me while stamping. The officer just asked me to destroy them. In case they ask for them just mention that you got ALL the document requsted in approval notice - nothing more than that.

pralay said:
They are not mandatory. In LA, I did not take EAD/AP with me while stamping. The officer just asked me to destroy them. In case they ask for them just mention that you got ALL the document requsted in approval notice - nothing more than that.
Agreed with Pralay, you should be fine. Normally the officers serving you would not ask them they only would want your I-94 document. But it better to be prepared though just in case you run into an officer who is very particular. (Please do not construe this as being pessimistic, it is just that you never know who you run into and how (s)he is until the process unfolds, why do you want to have unwanted pain when we could be prepared with a little bit of effort having come all the way successfully)

Good Luck