Passport request letter from Buffalo

jdonotstop

Registered Users (C)
I got the passport request letter today. It said “the immigrant visa placed in your passport shows an expiry date. You may enter Canada anytime before the expiry date shown on the visa.” My question is normally how long the visa will be valid before landing? Also, I’m not quite sure which way is better to deliver my passport, in person or by mail.
I would appreciate if you could share your experiences or furnish some of your inputs in respect of this matter.

Visa is valid for 1 year after you got your medical done. So if you got your medical done on 15 Jan 2005 your visa will be valid till 15 Jan 2006.

You can mail your passport or go in person to Buffalo. If you go to Buffalo personally you will get your passport back the same day. If you mail your passport you will get it back in approx 15-20 working days.

Hi Kenny04:

Thanks for your reply. My medical was done in april 30th last year but i just got passport request letter today. i haven't had immigration visa stamped yet. do i have to get the visa stamped before april 30th, 05? if not, do i have to take medical again? I appreciate if you could share some of your experience.

If the one year from medical is expiring sooner, you will get about 6 months. This is from some other forum posts. That is you will get upto Sept2005. May be some other members will be able to clarify on this

-meetme

jdonotstop

I had similar situation as yours.

My medicals were valid till March 2005 and I received passport request in Feb 2005. I did send my passport expecting the visa to be valid till March 2005 but I was surprised to see the visa expiry date as end of May 2005.

I think CIC will give you enough time to complete the landing process.