Passport renewal

julie123

Registered Users (C)
My passport is getting expired on November 2005.
Today is Feb 2004.

Can I apply for renewal of this passport in Feb 2004, or do I have to wait till November 2004 and then apply?

Since ist mentioned:

/***********************************************
You are requested to periodically check your passport and make sure that the revalidation/renewal is done within one year before the date of expiry. Delay in renewal of passport may cause hardships to the applicants.
**********************************************/

Re: Re: Passport renewal

If you are an Indian, you have to submit before 1 or 2 months. I think it will take 1 month.

hi if u are an indian then u can apply for a new passport 6 months prior to date of expiration. my passport was expiring in may 2004 so i gt it renewed in dec 2003. it takes 7 bussiness days for them to renew it if getting it in united states.approach ur local indian consulate for details.

Re: Re: Re: Passport renewal

Originally posted by india-usa
If you are an Indian, you have to submit before 1 or 2 months. I think it will take 1 month.

Nope. As lambu says above ... It should take 7 (at the most 14 days) for renewing Indian passport @ a consulate in US

Guys,

An Indian passport can be renewed within one year before its expiration....

I'm sure for issuuing of new passports( if old passport had 10 year validity and is now in its 10th year). Not sure about Renewal of the same passport.

Read the following from Indian consulate SFO web-site

New Passports:

How do you know that you are covered under this section ?

i) When there is an ‘F’ or ‘Finally’ written after the date of expiry

ii) Or passport was issued 10 years back.

When should you apply for the new passport ?

i) Within one year of expiry of your passport. For example if your passport is expiring on 31st Dec,2002, you can apply for a new one anytime starting from 30th Dec,2001.

ii) But not later than 6 months after date of expiry. If your passport is expiring on 31st Dec,2002, you can apply for a new one not later than 30th June,2003. If for any reason you have delayed applying for a new passport more than six months after expiry of your passport, see instructions

Or visit http://www.indianconsulate-sf.org/

Hope this helps !!!