Passport Renewal : Help Needed: Urgent

babyfat

Registered Users (C)
Guru\'s

Please Help.I got my GC approved on April 10 and I have posted all my details before on this forum.

My passport is expiring in Aug,2002.Would that cause a problem when i go for the GC Stamping once I get the approval letter.

And also did anyone get their passport renewed,and if so which application form on the Indianembassy site you have used,the short validity or the new passport.

Please help Guru\'s

Thanks in advance

No Title

I donot know where you live, but if you live not far from a city in which the Indian govt has a embassy you can get it renewed in ONE day!
So just get it renewed and get your passport stamped.

Better get a new passport

You can apply for a new passport before 6 months of expiry but not before 1 year. Passport renewal is nothing but getting a new passport for again 10 years validity. If you planned to apply personally, you can get new passport in 10 business days. By post it may take more.

After you get new passport, you have to carry both old and new passports together all the time. So better put your stamp in new passport.
But I guess, it may not be a problem to stamp your current passport as it is perfectly valid now.

new passport

if you apply at Newyork in person, you get the passport in the evening on the same day.

Hey, Mine also expires in aug\'2002 but I just went w/o renewing because of tim econstraint. I got the stamp. I actually went there for interview as my case was transferred to local office.