Passport Question

karthik4112

Registered Users (C)
All,

I have to travel out of the Country a week after the Oath Cermony. I noticed that there are 13 passport agencies around the Country who process passports for people travelling in 14 days. I noticed that there are other agencies who will get you the passport within the same day but they charge additional money in the range of 200-250 USD. The 13 passport agencies do not charge the additional fee and only charge the Government fees.
I am close to the Houston Passport agency. Does anyone know how long it will take to get the passport once I go and submit all the paper work? Do we get it back on the same day or does it take time? Please provide with some feedback.

Thanks in advance for your help,

I believe that if you are traveling within 7 days, you can get the passport the same day assuming you schedule your appointment at the passport agency before hand. If you are traveling within 14 days, they mail the passport to you, search the forum in particular the expedited passport thread, all your questions have answers.

All,

I have to travel out of the Country a week after the Oath Cermony. I noticed that there are 13 passport agencies around the Country who process passports for people travelling in 14 days. I noticed that there are other agencies who will get you the passport within the same day but they charge additional money in the range of 200-250 USD. The 13 passport agencies do not charge the additional fee and only charge the Government fees.
I am close to the Houston Passport agency. Does anyone know how long it will take to get the passport once I go and submit all the paper work? Do we get it back on the same day or does it take time? Please provide with some feedback.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Yes, as I understand it, you make an appointment with the Houston Passport agency for very soon after your oath. You show up with your natz cert, a few other docs and proof that you are traveling in 7 days. You pay the passport + expediting fees (same as at a post office) and they get you a passport the same day or in a day or two.

You may need to make two trips. Try to get your appointment very early in the morning.

I concur with Flydog.

I went to Houston Regional Passport Office after getting an appointment. I took my Naturalization Certificate, Travel Itinerary. The officer went through those and asked me to pay the fee and expedited fee. I was issued the passport in the afternoon at 2:30 PM as I am traveling next week and also I told the officer that I need to get a visa.

Good Luck.