Passport Not Stamped

dad22

Registered Users (C)
Last week I, wife and son arrived at Chicago ohare airport from New Delhi. We all are US citizens. Was surprised to see that our passports were not stamped by the immigration officer. He simply stamped our customs form and dragged our passport bottoms through a scanner.

Is this normal ?

Last time when I came back from india, I was an Indian citizen and my Indian passport was stamped by immigration officer. He also stamped my son's US passport at that time.

dad22 said:
Last week I, wife and son arrived at Chicago ohare airport from New Delhi. We all are US citizens. Was surprised to see that our passports were not stamped by the immigration officer. He simply stamped our customs form and dragged our passport bottoms through a scanner.

Is this normal ?

Last time when I came back from india, I was an Indian citizen and my Indian passport was stamped by immigration officer. He also stamped my son's US passport at that time.

I came back from India 3 months back. None of our (me, my wife both LPR, my daughter US citizen) passports were stamped. I called Border protection office. An officer said "in this day and age, you don't have to worry for not stamping your passport at the port of entry". He also said once they scan passports in the scanner, it automatically update the record (I don't know what record though). But I have my boarding passes safe.

Newbie001.

I used my new passport to enter the US just a couple of weeks ago, and not only was it not stamped, I didn't see the officer scan it either. It all seemed very cursory. He *did* still stamp my customs form, and scribbled what looked like his initials in the stamp, but that was it.

On a side note, I was wondering if I might have been headed for secondary screening at the subsequent customs/agriculture check, because the officer didn't write the "1" on the customs form as seems to be normally the case for a solo traveler. But nothing was amiss. Just a quick verbal confirmation of the food items I had with me, and they collected the form and waved me past.

I still feel miffed that my first entry as a USC wasn't stamped in my passport. I suppose I just should have asked; but I had a tight connection and didn't want to make any waves. :eek:

dizzo said:
I used my new passport to enter the US just a couple of weeks ago, and not only was it not stamped, I didn't see the officer scan it either. It all seemed very cursory. He *did* still stamp my customs form, and scribbled what looked like his initials in the stamp, but that was it.

On a side note, I was wondering if I might have been headed for secondary screening at the subsequent customs/agriculture check, because the officer didn't write the "1" on the customs form as seems to be normally the case for a solo traveler. But nothing was amiss. Just a quick verbal confirmation of the food items I had with me, and they collected the form and waved me past.

I still feel miffed that my first entry as a USC wasn't stamped in my passport. I suppose I just should have asked; but I had a tight connection and didn't want to make any waves. :eek:

when i returned to US from a vacation, my US passport was not stamped.