• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Passport not received yet

bddhk

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am a Bangladeshi and living in Japan. I had interview in Tokyo Embassy on August 06. I asked the officer after interview about our visa, he told its ok, fine and approved. Then he took our passports. Still i did not get back our passports. I emailed them yesterday and they replied "they r confirming some docs and conducting inquiries to other govt. agencies. They will inform when they will able process my case."
But they did not mention any time will be taken for inquiries. I am in very tensed as the deadline of getting visa from DV 2007 is 30 September.

Does anyone has any idea about that inqury and how long it will take?

Hi,
I am a Bangladeshi and living in Japan. I had interview in Tokyo Embassy on August 06. I asked the officer after interview about our visa, he told its ok, fine and approved. Then he took our passports. Still i did not get back our passports. I emailed them yesterday and they replied "they r confirming some docs and conducting inquiries to other govt. agencies. They will inform when they will able process my case."
But they did not mention any time will be taken for inquiries. I am in very tensed as the deadline of getting visa from DV 2007 is 30 September.

Does anyone has any idea about that inqury and how long it will take?

hello brother bddhk,

I am exactly the same situation like you and i am from bangladesh too. I set for interview in Ankara Turkey,and i am single. the officer told me that the all the documents are ok and i signed on form and she also signed on form and said within days we will send the visa and docs to you. After 15 days, they send back my passport within a green paper with marking that you are under administrative processing.Once your clearance is finished we will inform you and send your passport to us.Till now 1 month already passed and i am still in quary. they did not detailed about the adminstrative process and said to me just wait.yes i am also afraid of deadline perhapes it will finish before 30 september or not.I think you are possibly under name check or fingure print check which will take 6-8 weeks even more to be ready. on the other hand it will take 1 week or just 72 hours to be clearance. actually the process depand on name which is very common to their data base and it will take longer time.My name is very common according to bangladesh muslims name so i am sure it will take more time. now i can do is just pray and pray and wait patiently.Unfortunately there is no source to expedite the case to be prompt process. i will remind embassy again next month first week about my case.
so any controversy news and idea please inform me

with best regards

Last edited by a moderator:
hello brother bddhk,

I am exactly the same situation like you and i am from bangladesh too. I set for interview in Ankara Turkey,and i am single. the officer told me that the all the document are ok and i signed on form and she also signed on form and said within days we will send the visa and docs to you. After 15 days they send back my passport and send me a green paper with marking that you are under administrative processing.Once your clearance is finished we will inform you and send your passport to us.Til now 1 month already passed and i am still in quary. they did not detailed about the adminstrative process and said to me just wait.yes i am also afraid of deadline perhapes it will finish before 30 september or not.I think you are possibly under name check or fingure print check which will take 6-8 weeks even more to be ready. on the oterh hand it will take 1 week or just 72 hours to be clearance. actually the process depand on name which is very common to their data base will take longer time.My name is very common according to bangladesh peopls name so i am sure it will take more time. now i can do is just pray and pray and wait patiently.Unfortunately there is no source to expedite the case to be prompt process. i will remind embassy again next month first week about my case.
so any controversy news and idea please inform me

with best regards

Brother J&G,
Thank you very much for ur information. My prayer with you.